Canadian Tire / overcharged and very poor service

1 Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

I took my 2004 civic in to get them to replace the wheel stud a $2.97 part and was quoted 1/2 hour which should come to about $50.00 when i returned to canadian tire an hour later they said it took 2 hours and charged me $200.00. I phoned the manager and he said them are the rates and there is nothing he could do about it and then hung up. I phone about 15 other shops and most of them said $30.00 max highest was $50.00.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I hope everyone stops going to canadian tire.

Comments

• Bi
      19th of May, 2009

Canadian Tire has the WORST service I've ever seen. Everytime I go there I walk out 5x more pissed off then when I walked in. The car parts department is a JOKE in every way I can think of. Between the looooooooong waits in line, the very slooooooooooooooow inept people working the counter, its almost like the staff hates there job, are they getting min. wage or something? Seriously, AVOID CANADIAN TIRE AT ALL COSTS!

7th of Jul, 2009

Yup, Crappy Tire really does suck for auto service. I took my car in there about a year ago for an oil change and plugs. $25 for the plugs, $30 for the oil change...and over $250 in labour/shop fees. The idiot doing the oil change actually forgot to put the plug back in the oil pan before pouring in the new oil, so they double charged me for oil, *and* charged me labour on said ### cleaning up the mess he'd made. Went straight to the manager after getting this ridiculous bill, and he flat out told me "Too bad. If you have a problem, don't come back." Needless to say, I haven't.