Camping World / sold me a trailer with a bad roof

1 Harrisburg, PA, United States Review updated:

T0
CAMPING WORLD
I want to say thanks for the great travel trailer you sold me.
everybody please stay away from camping world of harrisburg pa is the worst.
this is what happen to me at camping world of harrisburg pa.
me and my family look at manny campers and found the right fit for us.
verygood so far please keep reading the story gets much better.
we asked about the roof.
wayne are sales person said all the roof was repair befor we can sell the camper its in a1 shape ready to go and you also can buy a warranty with the camper.
great guy right.
we buy the camper service hooks it up to my jeep we did all the paper work.
my wife a happy camper.
Now it gets good where heading to chesapeake bay in virgina a five hour ride thank god we had family following us we had are grand childen in the jeep we hear a loud noise the camper drop down because the trailer hitch was never setup for my jeep the right way.
thank god my brother had the tools and know how to fix it we could have got kill.
we maid it the the camp ground we set up get level start camping having fun.
its about 90 very hot are ac cant keep up at all.
we stayed three days befor coming home.
i call camping world of harrisburg of pa.
i told them the ac needs help maybe clean they told me they dont wash the roof on trailers that they sell so if they dont wash them how to they fix them.
we take the camper to a truck wash and jump up there to find over 4inchs of dirt.
we clean the ac in and out fix the ac works good now.
but we found the wood in the front of the camper was very rotted away.
back up here the sale person told it was all fix so was it.
now im calling to get this fix and there jerking me around i finally get the sales manger told me he was going to make it right for us.
great right.
He said he call me back so we can get the roof fix no call at all nothing.
To all my friends of the us and canada stay away from all of camping world stores for sales or service.
You dont need to be lie too camping supposed to be fun and relaxing.
camping world knows how ruin your good time

Mi
Sep 20, 2018

Comments

• Mi
      21st of Sep, 2018

Camping World Harrisburg...horrible. Stay away...if you have an issue they never seem to be able to return calls, answer emails or anything else that requires communication! I opted to give them a second chance after a bad experience my first time around with them last year...boy was I stupid! Don't even bother giving them a first chance. If you have to spend a few more dollars elsewhere for a camper, do it! You will be glad you did when it comes to needing to contact them for anything after your purchase. I have even written letters directly to the CEO, Mr. Marcus Lemonis...and I still have not had any luck. Although he apparently did share one of my letters with them, it made no difference in how they chose to treat me. Worst place ever...I will never go there again - nor will I give any money to Gander Outdoors since they are owned by the same company. Oh, and how can I forget...if you ever break down...Good Sam is as much a joke as Camping World.