Campbells Chunky Soup / hair in the soup!!!

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I was enjoying a lovely dinner with my mother and she was eating Campbells steak and potato chunky soup. She had just commented on how good it tasted when she lifted her spoon out of her bowl and this chunk of multiple hairs was hanging off of it!!! My mother has average lenth hair and the hair in the can very long. It was so disgusting that she had to throw the whole thing out and nearly threw up the sight was so gross. We will never eat Campbells again.

Comments

• Ir
      18th of May, 2011

Pick it out and keep eating. You should be happy that you have food.

26th of May, 2011

Hi Abby, We’re so sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to work with you regarding this situation, so please give us a call at 1-800-257-8443. We are here Monday - Friday, from 9 AM to 7 PM EST. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
    The Campbell Cares Team

• Th
      23rd of Sep, 2011

I also found a very long black hair in my soup, this can being Beef with White & Wild Rice. What's even worse, I bought this can just a few days ago from the grocery store and to add insult to injury, this can was expired. I'm sure Campbell's Chunky Soup canned products don't have born-on-dates like a beer does, this can states : JUN 18 2011 - 06189 - EST4C - 34 - 6B - 1444, and it reached me at the grocery store on 9/17/2011 with a long black hair in it. THANKS A LOT CAMPBELL'S!
    -LC in Sacramento, CA 9/22/2011

23rd of Sep, 2011

Hi LC. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We’d like to help. Please give us a call 1-888-711-0358. We’re here Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 7 PM EST.

• Ap
      28th of Aug, 2012

I just bought a can of the "select harvest tomato garden" soup. Found a black hair in it. My hair is red, so it's definitely not mine. Grossed out and disappointed. It's a pretty expensive can of soup to have a hair in it. At least I've never found hair in Ramen.

29th of Aug, 2012

We’re very sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to gather more information from you to make a full quality report. Please call us at 1-800-257-8443, Monday through Friday, 9AM to 7PM EST. If possible, please have the can handy when calling so our Quality Control Team can properly investigate. We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

• Ro
      28th of Mar, 2017

The hair in a can of Campbell's soup is a reality. While I understand that things like this will occasionally appear, it doesn't make it anymore acceptable, especially when the workers are supposed to be taking proper precautions to ensure that things like this do not occur.
    Having said that; today I opened a can of Campbell's Chunky "Beer-n-Cheese with Beef & Bacon" soup and found a long hair floating in the top of the bowl. Obviously the whole can was discarded, and I'm very leery about opening the other can of soup with the Campbell's label.
    Btw, the code on the bottom of the can is: D8J (Dec31, 2018/EST4R DG/ 12206/2051); hope this helps pinpoint the problem!

• Mi
      10th of Oct, 2017

Hello my name is Michael McClain and I jus experienced the same thing. I bought a can of vegetable beef soup and there was a whole can of black and red hair. One of the most disgusting things I've ever experienced. I will never again buy another can of their soup.Cambells should be ashamed.

• Aa
      13th of Apr, 2018

I also experienced short red/black hairs/fibers in my soup. Almost like fur from the cow itself. Into the garbage it went & lesson learned.