Cabela's / can't give refunds
For the last two weeks Cabela's maintains that because of their new computer software they cannot give refunds. I have been waiting for a credit of only $10 back to my credit card and after 7 phone calls to their customer service department and getting the same "our new computer system cannot give refunds at this time" I think everyone should be aware of this BEFORE ordering their Christmas gifts from them.
I ordered and was charged my Credit Card on Oct 27th 2010 and as of today Nov. 15th 2010 have not received a credit.
I asked them to send me a handwritten check since their Credit Card Refund system was down and they said we can't do it that way.
A complaint has also been submitted to BBB
Everyone should also be aware of their two tier Customer Service. The first 1-800 number you call is really not a Customer Service Department but rather order takers. They will eventually transfer your call to the REAL Customer Service Department. I should also mention they then have to call their "Credit Department" who does NOT talk to you.
More Cabela's Complaints & Reviews
- World's Foremost Bank, a Division of Cabelas - credit card acct management practices 
- Cabela's Refund & Exchange Policy - unauthorized retention of personal, private data 
- Cabelas Visa World's Foremost Bank - 0% interest is misleading 
- Cabela's Smith & Wesson Rebate Offer - failure to send rebate 
- Cabelas - scam - bad customer service 
- Cabela's - recent employee
- Cabela's - gun purchase process
- Cabelas.com - very poor service
- Cabela's - customer service 
- Cabelas - canceled credit account