Burlington Coat Factory / customer service

Midlothian, IL, US Review updated:

I ordered a pair of boots online. When I received the boots they were the wrong color so I took them to my local store and return them. I lost my money for shipping and handling. I then went online and reordered the boots and when I received them they were the wrong size. I then called customer service to request a refund. I was told I could not get a refund until I return the shoes. I have never had a company require me to return the item that they incorrectly sent in order to get the correct item sent or get a refund. So I had to take time out of my 60 Hour Work Week to either go to the post office or go to my local store and return an item that you sent me incorrectly. The boots are no longer available online. When I ordered them they were in stock but because I was sent the wrong size by the time I went to reorder them, they are no longer available. The customer service representative that I talked to told me that a local store near me had them in stock. She then said she would call the local store and ask them to put it on hold for me. She said that she would call me if they could not put it on hold or if it was not in stock for any reason. I received no call from her so on my lunch break I went to the store. I spent an hour in the store trying to find the shoes and trying to figure out where they were with a few Associates. Then a manager comes over and said she spoke with the customer service representative and informed her that they did not have it in stock. So I drove all the way there for no reason and did not get a call telling me that they were not in stock. I received two incorrect items from you guys which resulted into 2 30 minute drives to one of your local branches. I will not be purchasing anything online or potentially in a store from you guys again.

Ad
Nov 16, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Nov 16, 2017

The majority of businesses require the return of a product prior to issuing a refund. This is to make sure that the product is actually returned and not kept by the customer.

You should have gotten the shipping and handling refunded to you for the boots that were the wrong color if it was the company's mistake (if you ordered the wrong color then you would not be entitled to a refund of the charges however). You may want to call Burlington to see if they will assist you with that (again, only if it was their error).