Burgerking Apple Fries / apple fries

1 East Genesee St.Baldwinsville, NY, United States Review updated:

I ordered Burgerkings apple fries and they were apples sliced to look like fries and it didn't even look like it was a whole apple and they were not fried like fries are. They were raw apples but on the box that said Burgerking Frypod it indicated with an X for Hot, Fresh, & Crispy. They were not Hot nor Crispy and I don't know how fresh they were. I would not have bought them because I am able to eat only cooked or a baked apple and this is misrepresentation of the product. I won't purchase them again and I think they needed to be labled raw apples cut to look like a fry. The price was high for a bit of raw apple.

Comments

• Li
      7th of Aug, 2008

I have the same complaint. 1.49 for a half of a raw apple! I would have gone to Sonic (where they really do have fried apples slices) if I had known that I would have gotten such a raw deal!

• Mi
      14th of Aug, 2008

I would just like to say this to these two complaints, I have been in the apple industry since 1975 and helped to create some of the first fresh cut apple slices that can be easily eaten without having to throw the core away. You can even eat them with out worrying about them turning brown if you don't eat them all at once. If you need a fried product maybe next time you could have them microwaved slightly or even deep fat fried if you are not concerned about the Trans fats in the fry oil etc. I am impressed with the fact that Burger King is offering this "Fry Like Cut" rather than a slice or dice of apple like I used to produce for pies, TV dinners, and the Fresh Cut Sliced markets. I think that you maybe correct on the Education of the public about the French Fry Apple as it is not Fried. It is however a "Fresh Fry cut apple that is good for you and uses Vit C to keep it that way. I have tried myself to develop apple slice that can be fried in the same oil as the potato french fry. I too thought at first that this was going to be a fry-able product when their was rumor that Burger King was to develop this fry cut apple. I feel that their is a market for both types of these apples and I too have tried the ones sold at Sonic Drive Inns. Please bear with this new product development at Burger King and or anywhere else as we try to improve on what is produced naturally to make it easier to eat and enjoy at a cost that allow for your ease and enjoyment of eating.