Buckmasters / SCAM- THEY RENEWED ME YEARS LATER

I had a buckmasters subscription years ago. Last year they renewed my membership on my Credit Card. My subscription had ended many months earlier. When they called they said it was a computer error and offered me some junk. Has this happened to anyone else.

Comments

• Kc
      15th of Mar, 2010

My experience with Buckmasters is similar. I agreed to a five-year membership. And for two years, I even subscribed to Rack and GunHunter magazines. They called to see if I wanted to renew my subscription in Aug. 2009. I told them I did not want to renew. I began receiving invoices for a balance due for the magazines that I had clearly stated I did not want to receive. I called and tried to resolve this with a rude employee in their member services area. It still wasn't resolved.

Today, I finally spoke with a manager in member services. (This was after numerous calls to Buckmasters trying to find the right person.) He apologized and said the invoicing was likely an error and he would take care of it. (It's the same response others have received.) I canceled my membership and asked for confirmation in writing. Also, I called their customer service department and had my phone number added to their do-not-call list. Hopefully, that will eliminate future "mistakes" involving Buckmasters.

11th of Jun, 2010

You don't even have to have had a previous membership for their tactics.

I thought I was doing my husband a favor by getting him a ONE YEAR subscription to a hunting magazine. It resulted in multiple-per-day phone calls claiming we owed $130 for a membership. No amount of rebuttal to them would work, only made them more vicious and ugly.

They sent threatening "collections" letters, phone calls claiming they were sending us to "collections".

Horrible, horrible, horrible organization. If they ever show up in my area, I will be there with a big huge sign warning people not to enter any "contest" or agree to any type of transaction with this scam.

5th of Jan, 2012

They unlawfully took $109.00 out of our checking account. I had my bank review the charge and they investigated and determined it was fraudulant. Visa agreed that Buckmasters was NOT entitled to any money. They still send threatening letters.