Brookstone / horrible customer service

WA, United States Review updated:

DO NOT BUY from Brookstone.com. I have never exeperienced worst customer service from anyone ever and I shop online quite a bit. I ordered a nap lite blanket online on 1/8/10. Seems pretty simple? One would think so. One item shouldn't be that hard to mess up. 7 days later, I receive a package from Brookstone. I open it up and it is an Adirondack outdoor chair cover. The packaging reciept says that it should be the blanket! So, I call Brookstone customer service, and explain the situation. The lady seemed to not really beleive me, but told me that I can take the wrong item into the nearest store with the packaging receipt and they will be able to exchange it for the correct item. I even asked her to check the store to make sure that the correct item was in stock so I didnt waste my time. I go to the store and the clerk was very nice, but says they are not able to exchange online items in the store. As I waited in the store as the clerk was talking to customer service, the blanket that I ordered was sitting on display taunting me. The clerk finally came back and apologized profusely and said that I had to send back the incorrect item and that Brookstone would email me a UPS label to send it back. So...defeated, I leave the store with the adirondack outdoor chair cover that I probably would never use. I send back the wrong item the next day and they finally receive it on 1/22/10. I do not hear a thing from them. I finally email customer service on 1/26/10 to ask what is going on and I get a response 2 days later that they are sorry for the inconvenience and to keep the wrong item and that the correct item will be shipped out. Umm, kinda hard to keep the wrong item, when they already told me to send it back. So, on 2/4/10, I FINALLY receive the correct item. I am just peeved that they send me to the store for their mistake which was a complete waste of my time. Then don't respond when there was obviously an issue with the order. It took a month to get 1 item along with calls and emails to customer service along with a trip to the store which got me no where. I like the product, but will NEVER buy from Brookstone again.

Tr

Comments

• Lu
      3rd of Jun, 2011

Im sorry for this.. I am a manager at Brookstone. And to my knowedge WE DO ACCEPT online items for returns and exchanges ! Customer Service sometime has their stuff soo messed up.. It emberrasing this happend to you. I apologize on behalf. But please feel free to shop in the store. There you have employees to tell you face to face what to do and the policies. Also if the blanket is in the store, why buy it online. Brookstone now also will order any item from their online catalog and have it shipped to their store for you, so you dont have to pay shipping! all you gotta do is wait 5business days for it to get to the store and go pick it up. Brookstone is a great store with good products. Please feel free to shop at any Brookstone store :)