Brookstone / no return allowed!

1 westield mall UTCsan diego, CA, United States Review updated:

My husband gave me a temperpedic pillow for Christmas. Didn't want it since I had tried it in the past and not liked it. We had misplaced the receipt in the Christmas shuffle. They would not take it back even though it was unopened and in the Brookstone box. We have our credit card receipt indicating the store, price, date and register#. But that is not acceptable. Even after calling the company I have only had them repeat over and over no receipt, no return. That to me is not customer service. I will not shop there again and will make sure all my friends and family don't either.

Comments

• Li
      3rd of Feb, 2008

Most stores require a receipt. Anything can be purchased on E-Bay or stolen for that matter... then trying to return it with no receipt they have a right to turn you away. I have worked retail before and i have caught people stealing and trying to 'return' the item with no receipt. Most people who get perturbed by stores return policies are people who have never worked a retail job in their life and don't understand. If that is their policy then so be it! No need to fight them. Give the pillow away to charity or a friend or sell it on e-bay for gods sake! Instead of taking it out on Brookstone, maybe realize that that is a POLICY for a reason.

• La
      18th of Feb, 2009

Yeah, and I think you ARE a liar. Credit card receipts DO NOT show register number, transaction number, etc. Things retailers usually need for refunds. Deal with it! You messed up by losing your receipt...don't blame Brookstone!!