British Airways / they crushed my guitar and wont pay for it

1 1250 bellfloeer blvdLos Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2133275953

on may 25 2008, i flew back from madrid on british airways, arrived at lax, and noticed my guitar case was crumpled. The BA counter was closed. I tired of waiting for them to open and looking for someone to help me and went home, called the BA 800 number right away, and was told to file a complaint online and did. I was given a reference number and told I'd be contacted by email. 6 weeks later I get an email from PETE TAMBURELLO telling me they will be in contact. 4 weeks later I get an email from PETE TAMBURELLO with instructions which I followed; fax relevant documents. 5 weeks later I get an email saying I have to get a property irregularity report- I call the BA 800 number, they say my online reference number is the same number. Now PETE TAMBURELLO emails to say without the property irregularity report from the airport at lax or they won't honor the claim. The clerks at lax won't give me a damage report form or number because I already have an online reference number and because it is now august and not may. It is august and british airways has not paid for my crushed guitar! DO NOT FLY WITH BRITISH AIRWAYS WITH MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS!

To

Comments

• Ih
      20th of May, 2009

I absolutely HATE guitars! I've already set two classical guitars on fire. My dream is to get an acoustic bass guitar, fill the soundhole with gasoline and attach a fuse to it. I'll have a telephoto lens on my camera to record the glorious event! I can't wait! Whenever I hear or read of some goddamn guitar that's been crushed, smashed, burned or destroyed in any fashion, I get a really satisfied feeling within! Kudos to British Airways for eliminating one more guitar from this world:)

27th of Sep, 2009

I Agree... Do not fly British Airways at all... They do not honor their words... My baggage was lost for a full week... I was left with NOTHING in the middle of Florence, Italy - where I had to pay Euro for everything (which costs basically double in dollars) I was told by numerous customer service employees that I should not worry, that I will be reimbursed for my unexpected expenses. Peter Tamurello is denying this and thinks $400 which is LESS than 200 euro's is a "reasonable reimbursement". These people are criminals if they think they can abuse their clients like this. Never again British Airways!