British Airways / Heathrow Airport / airport is a mess!
I will NEVER fly British Airways again!!! I arrived in Barcelona on 15 July 2007 and my suitcase was not on the plane with me (a connecting flight) I spent NINE days calling and calling, BA in Spain, BA in London, BA in the USA they all told me that it was 'impossible' to talk to the people who handle luggage in London because they are too busy.
They kept telling me that they were sending a 'telex' to Heathrow to request they put my bag on a flight. I was told that it was on three different flights.
(a telex !?! give me a break, this is the information age)
Long story short, I had to buy new clothes, new toiletries and a new cell phone. (I have a cell phone for Barcelona, but the charger was in my suitcase and I could not find a replacement, I could not even call anyone) The first ten days of my trip were completely ruined. Will I get reimbursed for these expenses? How?
The baggage tracking website is completely worthless, they NEVER update it. I had my bag for 5 days already and the website still said "locating bag" Don't bother.
I just heard a bit on the BBC that British Airways was just recognized as the WORST AIRLINE. They certainly have MY vote.
BEWARE, if you are not going to London, do not get a connecting flight through Heathrow, that airport is a MESS. Fly into France or Germany for your connecting flight, if you value your belongings.
More British Airways / Heathrow Airport Complaints & Reviews
- Heathrow Airport - security check caused me to lose my flight 
- Heathrow Airport - rude staff, cleanliness, lack of informatio 
- Heathrow Airport - harassment by airport security 
- B A Security Officers Heathrow T5 - suffering the wrath of 2 security officers
- Heathrow - noise 
- Heathrow Airport - transportation service between terminals
- Heathrow Airport - staff
- Heathrow Airport - queue in a family passport check
- Heathrow Airport - disabled parking facilities
- Heathrow Airport - special needs