British Airways / flight cancellation

1 Falls Church, VA, United States Review updated:

Hello, last night I booked a return flight from Istanbul to Glasgow in order to see friends.

The nature of my work however meant that I had to change plans at the very last minute, within an hour of my first flight. The consequence of which is that I am down as a 'no show' for my booking.

I called BA to ask if I could change the flight so that my friend could come instead (not allowed, I was told) or instead to cancel the remaining bookings (again, not allowed).

My complaint is this-- while I understand that the original flight, even the connecting flight for that day are essentially lost when you can't show up to the first flight, I find it extremely unfair that I also lost the ability to reclaim tomorrow's flights as well.

I also find it ridiculous that I had to wait the better part of 15 minutes to talk to someone who was helpful enough to even offer me a partial tax refund. I booked with BA because I perceived them to be a fair company, instead I've been talked down to like a fool as if I intentionally missed my flights and I've been told that despite it being well over 24 hours I'm somehow unable to cancel certain flights.

Ry
Nov 15, 2016

Comments

• Ar
      15th of Apr, 2017

There are no any dates/ time, flight numbers/ objective incorrect acts of the airline, prove of a damage resulted from the airline service.
    The compliant, as it is, looks groundless completely.