British Airways / flight cancellation
Hello, last night I booked a return flight from Istanbul to Glasgow in order to see friends.
The nature of my work however meant that I had to change plans at the very last minute, within an hour of my first flight. The consequence of which is that I am down as a 'no show' for my booking.
I called BA to ask if I could change the flight so that my friend could come instead (not allowed, I was told) or instead to cancel the remaining bookings (again, not allowed).
My complaint is this-- while I understand that the original flight, even the connecting flight for that day are essentially lost when you can't show up to the first flight, I find it extremely unfair that I also lost the ability to reclaim tomorrow's flights as well.
I also find it ridiculous that I had to wait the better part of 15 minutes to talk to someone who was helpful enough to even offer me a partial tax refund. I booked with BA because I perceived them to be a fair company, instead I've been talked down to like a fool as if I intentionally missed my flights and I've been told that despite it being well over 24 hours I'm somehow unable to cancel certain flights.
More British Airways Complaints & Reviews
- British Airways Courier Company Limited - recd. fraud e-mail 
- British Airways - very poor ba experience 
- British Airways - disgraceful customer service 
- British Airways - ba - still waiting for my delayed baggage! 
- British Airways - contemptuous and unprofessional customers treatment 
- British Airways - cabin crew and seat assignment
- British Air Lines - airline tickets
- British Airways - registering for seats 24 hours before flight 
- British Airways - various complaints
- British Airways - british airways