Brinks Home Security / extended warranty

Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Why purchase the extended warranty? I just recently went through Hurricane Ike and now my system does not work. I have their extended warranty plan so I called for assistance. Only to be informed that the insurance I have been paying for doesn't cover any type of disaster.

What a joke!
Vl

Comments

Da
  28th of Oct, 2008
I have been a Brink's customer since 1993, and have always been happy with their service. I also have the extended service plan. My agreement states that the extended service plan excludes damage caused by acts of God (except lightning). It makes sense that this exclusion would apply to hurricanes. That's why you carry homeowners insurance. A few years ago, I was relieved to learn that the extended service plan DOES cover damage caused by lightning or power surge. After suffering a lightning strike that damaged my security system, along with several other appliances, I was happy to have a Brink's representative tell me that they would send a technician to my house on Sunday afternoon to repair the damage, and at no charge to me! Previously, when I had ADT, their service technicians always told me the problems with my system were due to lightning, and their service plan does not cover lightning damage. I paid again and again for service calls and always thought I was being ripped off by ADT because they just didn't want to honor their extended warranty.
Bi
  10th of Nov, 2008
They scammed me too in a different way. The best way back at them is to switch service as soon as your contract expires. They only win when you are paying them. Find a small local ly owned company and get service you pay for. tay away from Brinks, they are the worse of them all.
Li
  8th of Feb, 2009
Sorry to hear but brinks did come out and fix one of screen that had been broken because of ike they came out and repaired it with no problems . Its odd that they would tell you that. i paid for the extended warranty as well but i told them i had been out of town and the screen had split and looked black and inky and the system kept beeping at 10 pm each night and unless you pressed cancel cancel twice it would ring again. I am sorry to hear about what happened to you .

Brink's Global Services Logo Brink's Global Services