[Resolved] Breville Group — kettle
Either I bought two of your kettles (recommendation number 3 in CHOICE) in a bad batch or there are design faults: the base furs up and needs vinegar cleaning every fortnight and even when pristine they take a long time to switch off when reaching boiling point
When a complained recently your Breville protective customer advisor said it was a fault of salts in the water. When I said I have not encountered this before she replied stuffily 'I cannot comment on your previous kettles'!
If you think the batch was faulty would you like to send replacements.
I don't want to write to CHOICE
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Breville Group Customer Care's Response, Nov 29, 2018
At Breville, our aim is to deliver innovative product and a premier consumer experience. Hard water build-up, or limescale as it’s often called, is the white powdery deposits that are seen inside an electric kettle in places where the water remains standing. Hard water contains high levels of minerals such as magnesium and calcium and can be a real pain to remove if left untreated. When hard water is boiled in an electric kettle, these minerals do not evaporate like the water does but instead remains in the kettle. As a result, this build-up is created at the bottom of the kettle that hardens as it begins to dry. Fortunately, it is possible to remove this build-up simply by using something that is mildly acidic like vinegar, citric acid or lime juice.
More Breville Group Complaints & Reviews
- Breville Ikon - Customer Service/Faulty Appliance 
- Breville Customer Services - Bad results 
- Breville - faulty product
- Breville - Breadmaker Model No: Bbm600 - faulty bread mixer
- Breville - Ikon Breville Espresso Machine - Machine makes terrible espresso 
- [Resolved] Breville Group - breville iron easy glide 1800w
- [Resolved] Breville Group - Mini food processor
- Breville Group - sandwich toaster
- Breville - I am really upset because of their attitude 
- Breville Group - four slice smart toaster