Booths SupermarketRude Staff,Management disinformation.

I have been shopping at Booths supermarket for many years and never found any problem's with approachable staff before apart from now.
Whilst shopping for food recently i asked a member of their Booths isle staff for the availability of Heinz 57 steak sauce, in reply to my question at which point i can only describe as being snapped at, the answer came back as there is no such product.
On politely mentioning that she must be mistaken as i had observed this product in the US the contemptible growling reply was that this was the UK not America, to describe her manner as rude and condescending would be an understatement.

Still in a state of shock that a member of staff should in my word's attack a member of the paying public in the currant climate seemed quite bewildering.

I then thought it would be necessary and beneficial to let the management know of my unpleasant experience as the company tend's to like to portray itself as pay a little more for the quality of the experience and it's above averagely priced product's.

I was grudgingly given the attention of a person who said he was a Manager by the person whom had been so unhelpful minutes earlier.
I was given a telephone number on a very large piece of cardboard on which i was told was Head offices contact number, I then left the premises.

I called the number the next day but found the person on the other end also unhelpful and uninterested.
I then made my complaint through their website.

A few days later i received an email from a Mr Allison in which he apologized and 'hoped' it wouldn't happen again.

I was then sent an email from the the same gentleman informing myself that his buyer at central office had expressed that Heinz 57 steak sauce was not available in the UK and could only be purchased in the US.

The next day i took a trip to ASDA supermarket to try out their services for size and was surprised to find a very large stock of Heinz 57 sauce of which one was purchased by myself.

I was gracious enough to inform Mr Allison the Manager of my find and stated that old adage that extra expense doesn't necessarily mean better quality.

Sg

Comments

• Ni
      Jan 22, 2016

I have sent two complaints to Booths in the past week and despite having confirmation Emails back I have not been contacted. The contact system at Booths seems particularly complicated as if they do not want anyone to get in touch with them. Booths is a quality organisation but they need to get their act together if they are to be recommended.

• Pe
      Jul 19, 2016

Hi, I ws in Booths at Kirkby Lonsdale yesrerday and found that the Braeburn apples for a pack of 6 was £2 below was loose Braeburn apples £2 per kilo. I weighed the 6 pack and guess what 800Grams. Come on Booths .

• Mi
      Jul 19, 2016

I divide my time between the U.S. and the U.K. You will get far better, friendlier service in the U.S. People working retail in the U.K. are often surly and act really bothered if you ask them anything.

• Mi
      Jul 19, 2016

BTW: I would have been tempted to purchase an extra bottle of that sauce and give it to the rude employee.

• Ac
      May 15, 2017

They don't deserve good customers

• Wi
      Aug 15, 2018
    Booths - Service in cafe
    Preston, England, Lancashire

23/6/18

I have paid £16.50 for breakfast for two, it's the worse service I've seen.
    Me and my daughter have been waiting 1 hour for food. It has really put us off coming again.

I would like compensation for the time we have waited

• Wi
      Aug 20, 2018
    Booths - Orange juice machine
    United Kingdom

Hello big fan of your booths orange juice when it works but probably 90% if that, of the time is closed and in the current state I see booths in (as there is usually no one in your store when I visit)I think it would really benefit you to keep these going as most people I know say that is why the shop at booths!

• St
      Aug 28, 2018
    Booths - Rude and Obnoxious Manager
    Carnforth
    England, Lancashire
    booths.co.uk

( Zoe Clegg ), From the BOOTHS STOR IN CARNFOETH. Rude, unprofessional and lazy. To top it all off she was smoking outside the front of the store then had the ordasity to come in and be obnoxious to my 5 year old daughter and me. I will not be returning to this store and I advise others not to aswell. DISGUSTED !!!

• Su
      Sep 01, 2018
    Booths - Empty shelves
    Knutsford, England, Cheshire
    United Kingdom

Shopping at 1pm on a Tuesday and the shelves were bare. This is now a regular occurrence and I am now being tempted away to Aldi. See photos attached. Surely there is enough time to fill these shelves. This is supposed to be a flagship store.

• Hm
      Sep 18, 2018
    Booths - Rolled beef brisket joint
    Preston
    England, Lancashire
    United Kingdom

I purchased this joint at £8.55 which serves 4-5 people. Once cooked I found the joint to be full of fat right through to the middle. I managed to get 4 tiny slices which on tasting were fatty. Hence to say that our family meal was ruined.
    I cannot understand how the butcher even put it out to sale. I'm so disappointed.