Boost Mobile / boost mobile steals $20 from the unemployed

Boost mobile's network went down in my area. I did not know this, thought there might be trouble with my phone.

Wednesday september 27 I purchased a boost mobile card. That $20 was a lot to us since my husband was laid off and this is our only phone at all.

It was wednesday night the 27th, I began having trouble making or receiving calls. I managed to get connected to the re-boost number of 233 to add my phone minutes purchased that very day. The connection lasted just barely long enough for me to post the pin number on the back of the prepaid cell phone card, it disconnected me before telling me that I had $20 added to my card. I could only hope and assume my minutes (100) had been added.

By friday september 29th I realized that it might not be my phone that was acting up but the network. I called boost mobile from janess business service, a reputable cell phone provider and spoke with different people at boost mobile on the janess company phone. They witnessed my long call and conversation. Boost mobile did some checks and after some time informed me there was a problem with the network in our area.

In addition, one customer care representative informed me that the boost mobile $20 prepaid card not posted to my phone but a phone in another state.
Since they had network problems and I had the wal-mart receipt for the card and the card itself in my hand, I told them this was an error on their network part and requested to have those minutes credited to my phone.

I was then told I would have to show proof of purchase to boost mobile first.
The employees and business owners of janess business services did in fact take my receipt and my boost card, enlarged it so you could see the numbers (As requested) and faxed my proof to boost mobile.

It took till monday, october second and for me to add another $20 prepaid card (On line this time) for my boost phone to work.

I immediately called boost to inquire when my priorly purchased boost prepaid card for $20 would post to my account.
After several hours of disagreement on whether or not they were going to reimburse me the costs, michael, customer care interactive agent #913-814, informed me that according to their records my wal mart receipt from our small rural town of less than 10,000 was invalid and they would not be crediting my account or sending me my money back.

1. I have the valid wal-mart receipt and can get a letter from wal-mart verifying that it is a valid receipt (Told this to michael who refused to accept such a letter/fax).
2. I have the actual prepaid card that I purchased but was never credited in my account my possession as well.
3. I can print a copy of my phone records which show no record of the prepaid phone card in question ever being added to my account.

1. Michael refused to give me any information regarding his superiors to resolve this conflict.
2. Michael refused to give me any formal information about boost mobile's executive offices where I could dispute this 'policy' and show proof of their debt to me.
3. Michael refused to fax me the document denying my $20 credit because my 'proof of purchase' was 'invalid'... I had to take his word for it.
4. Michael refused to tell me which area code or state that boost mobile network, in error, posted my prepaid card too, so I could refute any knowledge of knowing anyone anywhere else that used boost mobile.
5. I requested then to file a report of a stolen prepaid boost card... Grasping at straws to get my credit back.
6. I asked michael if boost mobile felt I had faxed a copy 'invalid' card (Implying fraud) that boost mobile file criminal charges against me so I could show my proof to a jury and expose their fraud, he refused.
7. Quite upset and beginning to curse, michael 'reminds' me the call is being recorded. Happily I request a copy... Would be good proof in court along with my proof that boost mobile was merely trying to avoid giving a measly $20 back!
8. Michael refuses to send a copy of the tape to me.
9. Unfortunately I go berserk and michael cuts me off after little old me, a mom and grandma of 3 starts spitting out words only drunken sailors use!

Boost mobile stole $20 and about 8 hours of time on the phone and 5 days of non-service due to their network problems.In addition causing me great turmoil and anxiety because in my opinion I felt they were lying to me and accusing me of fraud or attempted embezzlement for a mere $20 their network misplaced.

I know $20 is nothing to most anyone, but our large family has nothing and these phone minutes are our key to job interviews, emergency calls for disabled family members, and every day things.

Boost mobile needs to buck up and do the right thing instead of making up lies not to refund my money or credit my account.

It is serious to me. Help me, if they have done this to me, how many others have just let it go because it was just $20?

(Note, you have my permission to change names if you feel it necessary to protect yourself from liable, but I will stand by the truth)

Ms. Susan,
Fallon, nevada

Comments

• Su
      7th of Jul, 2008

We are retired on a fixed income. We use Boost for emergencies so we put as little money on it as possible. Over the holiday weeked we forgot to add our money. We were 48 hours short of the 3 month date. We were told when we bought it that there was a week grace period. Not so! They took the $33 we had accumulted and there is no one that can or will reinstate it. They should be ashamed. Every extra cent this year is going to gas in the car and to heat the house. But I guess BOOST needs it more.

• Ho
      16th of Feb, 2009

They do it to us because we let them do it us. Americans have become like dumb, blind sheep. We'll complain on a chat board or blog but we won't take the time to write a real letter to a state's attorney general's office or research what congress rep's are on committees for interstate commerce.

I have actuall had Sprint customer service tell me that if a customer doesn't respond within a certain time period to them being over charged (in other words...RIPPED OFF) then its okay for them to steal from the customer and there's nothing they can do about it. Yep...you heard it here! Corporate greed and arrogance is alive and well in America. I'm sure it won't be too long before they're in line with their hands out for their bailout!

• Br
    Boost Mobile - iPhone 7
    Eustis fl
    BoostMobile.com

I just brought this phone I had broke it and I have full insurance the employees was very rude to me about it

Boost Mobile - Store on Montgomery xrds in savannah ga
    Savannah
    Georgia

I have been a customer with boost for over 20 years but that all ended with the represenative that tried to over charge me and was very rude. I now have service with metro pcs...your loss

• De
    Boost Mobile - boost mobile
    CHICAGO
    Illinois

well i went into a boost mobile i paid 6 dollars for the plan i am on an they never sent my money in an i called the cooperate office an they said the payment was never so i feel some one is stealing so i will like to file a complaint they really irritated me about 7 dollars so can i please get some help

• Mi
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Boost Mobile - OF LS755 XCVR SGL
    Farmington
    Michigan

My phone is freezing up. I cannot make a call or change screens or do anything. None arrows work. The circle at the bottom does not work. I can not turn off my phone. Nothing works. Please help. It has frozen before but I could always get it to work.

• Ka
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Boost Mobile - I phone 6
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Boostmobile.com

I called a boost mobile store they wouldn't provide me with a name they were rude kept hanging up on me the store number is (702) 531-6444.
    I didnt even get the chance to speak much
    Theyre a bunch of crooks once they have youre money they treat clients like crap...

• Sf
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Boost Mobile - IPhone
    Allentown
    Pennsylvania

I need a iPhone replaced

• Eb
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Boost Mobile - Customer service

I'm tired of the bad customer service the disrespect is at its highest I Been with boost a long time but now I'm thinking about leaving them my name is Ebonee Haywood it just doesn't make any since at all I try to stay patient but it is really wearing thin why should I be unhappy

• Da
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Boost Mobile - Trying to unlock my 'LG' PHONE.
    Porterville
    California

I was told that my phone had to activated for a period of one year, which t this time it has not been long enough for my phone. I am currently relocating to an area where your services do not cover and my phone will be useless.

• Fo
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Boost Mobile - Green bay. , WI., Computer Corner, Cashier Joeler, non-compliances , impact statement
    Green Bay
    Wisconsin

Non - Compliance, / Legislative Impact, Small Business, thou Iforgive American s., yet conduct behavior needs improvement. You are only a. Guest, remember that .

2nd of Sep, 2018
    Boost Mobile - phones malfunctioning
    Chicago
    Illinois

I ported in my phone service to this location on 1-3-2018 and was given a 2nd devices that failed to work properly, after troubleshooting the devices I was given 3 options to get a phone that work properly which I refused forcing me to go to another company. therefore I am returning the phone by certified mail please investigate this location

• Jm
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Boost Mobile - phone case being returned
    Sidney
    Ohio

I bought two cases on Wednesday, November 1st at the Sidney, Ohio store location and they would not return today on Monday, November 6th.

First off they sold me a case that was not for my phone and then only offered to give me a different case. Which will not work for me.

Very unhappy customer

• Da
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Boost Mobile - poor service 4lte is a dog
    Bradenton
    Florida
    Boostmoble.com

Slow no internet Access in Bradenton FL... Majority of locations around town cant load a web page. Makes service worthless.

Sprint / Boost should be ashamed of themselves with poor service in Tampa Bay. Almost 2018 and Boost / Sprint coverage is horrable.

• Fr
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Boost Mobile - service sucks dropped calls, internet sucks, etc
    Springfield
    Georgia

Im really pissed off no one helps me and tells me my service is fine.i talk to a phone rep.half way across the globe, cant even understand them, but they tell me my phone is fine.i just paid my phone and the service is crap...get me good service again...when i first had your service, it was awesome.but now it sucks, and is real crap...

Boost Mobile - selling a phone to a minor
    Ohio City
    Ohio

Selling the phone to a minor for $210 she get the phone the phone doesn't work no refund cant get money back the phone is locked up with somebody else iCloud account

• Bj
    Boost Mobile - cell phones
    North Charleston
    South Carolina

Some one who work in the store access my Gmail account and change my password without my permission. They went Thur my pictures totally violation of my privacy

• Jb
    Boost Mobile - information

Someone between June 2 2017 to June 14 2017 gave my location to Morris Cooley the main account holder. I'm fleeing a domestic abuse situation and this violates my privacy I will put a law suit on boost please resolve this ASAP

• Up
      28th of Oct, 2018
    Boost Mobile - case id 67532845
    Morrison
    Colorado
    Boostmobile.com

I emailed my complaint 4 days ago in response was told someone would get back to me in 24 hours? Please look into my complaint and get back to me Justin.I've posted my Case ID 67532845