Bookit.com / the truth

1 Panama City Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 850-234-8887

I used to work for this company and I can assure all of you that the complaints about this companyh is true. I am seeking legal assistance now because I was terminated because I frefused to be the fall guy for all the system errors guest are receiving from their website. This company needs to be exposed and I plan to make that happen. If you value your money, do not use this company. You can read all about what I had to say on my blog on myspace. You can find me under Maurice Lewis of Panama City. Read the blog to get full details as to how this company operates and treat their own employees.
Let me also apologize for this mistreatment from this company to anybody who has had the misfortune to experience it.

Ma

Comments

• Su
      14th of Mar, 2009

Maurice
    I too was treated unfairly and poorly at this company. They do not care about their employees and border on abuse of new agents.

• Su
      20th of Mar, 2009

Maurice, this company is the most poorly managed company I have ever seen. They misrepresent themselves, they do border on abuse of new agents. I left there because they continually scheduled me for 7 to 8 days with NO time off and would not even answer the question as to why. They use people for their busy season and then fire them, transfer them to other departments for which they are not trained so that most in frustration will quit. It is really a shame what they are getting away with, they do not care about employees or customers.

• Bo
      27th of Mar, 2009

We booked a trip to Punta cana and they had us flying to Mexico. When it was notice they did not want to cancel the trip . They made us pay for our flights. when we tried to get a hotel in Mexico they had us paying inflated prices because it was not a package deal. They set us up and I'm sure we were not the only ones. Don't us Bookit their not customer friendly

• Tm
      24th of Sep, 2009

I was a former employee that was let go today. The reason "there have been several incidents where I have been reportedly provoking other employees". I use to work in their payment's department and with this being said I have first hand knowledge of their systems double and triple charging guest on more than 3 occasions. When I brought this issue to my supervisors I was told "it would be handled" and when/if guest call in regarding charges they are only told that bookit.com has already refunded the funds and it is up to the guest bank to release any faster. This organization is run with Jehovah Witnesses who only believes in their bottom dollar. I believe the real reason I was let go was associated with their systems going in and charging guest for trips they already took and paid for in full prior to travel and because I brought this issue to the companies attention every time it happened. I do not think they have had anyone in my old department who had a formal education that could actual see this issue. If there is a class action lawsuit against bookit.com please let me know and I would be glad to assist in any way possible. This company has to be stopped! The easiest way to reach me would be via email at tmreeves1@hotmail.com. Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful day. I am still trying too.

• Sh
      13th of Dec, 2013

Bookit.com charged my credit card 6 times for a hotel room they were unable to provide, and I never received a receipt about these charges or notification. Had I not of looked at my bank statement online the next day I would have never known. And their response was "I'm sorry" and "Some hotels won't let us do things online...this is one of them". SO they charge me 6 times for one night at one hotel that they couldn't even provide anyway...and without giving me notification of these 6 charges.

I am currently reporting them to government agencies for credit card fraud as well as having filed fraud paperwork with my bank and am pursuing other legal resources.

I urge you all to stay away from Bookit.com. there are other more credible, reputable sites you can use that you don't have to have a hassle with.

• Po
      2nd of Jan, 2016

I booked a flight and hotel package for my boyfriend and I on bookit.com on 12/07/15, it was for my birthday week on new years eve. Knowing my birthday was one of the busiest times of the year I expect certain delays and hiccups but what actually happened turned out far worse than anything I can comprehend! We arrived at the airport only to be told last minute we had a 3 hour flight delay, now seeing that we live in chicago the weather is always a factor in delays so that was definitely not an issue. We ended up arriving finally at our hotel in NOLA late at night only to be told that we had no reservations! I called bookit.com immediately, I was on hold for an hour before I was able to speak with an agent. The agent apologized for the inconvenience and told me they had a "glitch" that she would contact the hotel on my behalf and give them all the information they needed to keep our rooms. Supposedly bookit.com accounting ended up having a glitch too because they told us they couldn't send the hotel there payment at the time and if I could put my credit/debit card on HOLD just for one night while the system gets fixed then they'll send the hotel all the information and money so I won't be charged twice. Guess what, whole week on my so called vacation was completely ruined by this company, I spent countless hours on the phone trying for bookit.com to actually pay the hotel the money they STOLE from me. I ended up with 600. Being frozen from my account that was supposed to be spending money for my vacation. I'm currently on my way home but once I do get home they better refund me. How can you as a company take my money for a hotel and flight yet never make reservations and never pay the hotel. I have never been so humiliated, frustrated in my entire life! Birthday weekend completely ruined and now I'm out of 600 extra dollars. All I have to say this is the most fraudulent company out there and be sure I'm looking for anyone willing to do a class action lawsuit against this injustice. For me it's not about the money but the principal. If ANYONE is serious about suing I'm willing to go above and beyond my email is artie_b21@yahoo.com please feel free to contact me. I will be contacting a lawyer well versed in this type of matter. Unfortunately I found out that in small claims court even if you win you still would have to do extra work for anything to happen to this company. .like ceasing there assets, maybe BBB can be contacted, I am going to put as much out there that I can about this scam. I hope this helps someone and they never have to go through what mess and stress I have.

• Je
      10th of Jun, 2017

They cannot be reached. The airlines changed my reservation without notice. I was told the notice went to bookit.com. The hotel and airlines can't do anything. I have been on hold over 6 hours on 6 different phone lines. They only department that answers is sales but they cannot help. I did an LLC search, Bookit.com Florida profit corp. shows as INACTIVE looks like it was changed to NRAI Services, 1200 South Pine Island Road, Plantation, FL 33324 9/5/2013. What does Florida BBB do? They have a pile of complaints. I cannot sign in on line