Book In Hotels.com / fraud

1 Italy Review updated:

We booked a room at hotel in Brussels on 26th June, the rate was taken on the same day from my credit card, but the hotel didn't get any money and the reservation was cancelled. I wrote a letter of complaint to the contact email address on the website, and I got no answer nor refund.

Comments

• Ro
      10th of Nov, 2008
    Hotels - pets

this is the first time i've been to this town and i have been everywhere from as far as kansas mo to ft myers beach fl, i have never had trouble finding a hotel. Everywhere i go and ask if they take pets they say "oh no" like as if i ask if they accept bears or kangroos. I will never be back and if you have pets that you love alot and treat them as if they are your children, don't go to uniontown, pa. You will get shut out.

They are pet haters!!!

• Go
      28th of Jul, 2017

@rooster I used http://www.booking.com/index.html?aid=1158815
    loved this website because it allows you to book without the commitment of paying (but they do capture your credit card details as a guarantee for no show) and sometimes they even throw in free cancellation if you cancel about a week before. And its always about $1 to $10 cheaper than other sites.

• Mm
      8th of Sep, 2009

I had a similar experience with them recently, hotels.com agent gave me false information about the location of the hotel as well as the refund policy. While booking the hotel I asked representative whether I will get a refund if for any reason I decide not to stay at this location or leave early and agent promised me that is not at a problem and even gave me a number to call for getting a refund. Prior to check in I went over those terms and learnt that this particular hotel doesn't refund the money, so I requested cancellation of the reservation as it was obviously an error. Upon follow up phone call with Hotels.com supervisor on call, she refused to cancel the reservations and/or refund the balance. Now I am disputing the transaction as well as evaluating legal options. It seems they have reached really low levels as they are giving out FALSE information to earn business.

• Hi
      11th of Sep, 2009

I had a similar experience. I prepaid for a room. Upon arrival I was told they were overbooked and no room was available. I was sent to another hotel, and had to pay for another room.

When calling for a refund I got a run around from customer support. They refunded my original payment, but every time I got to speak with a supervisor I was disconnected. (Of course, I was getting pretty mad)... They also said they would send me an $80 voucher for future use, and call me back telling me how this won't happen again to me or other customers...

• Bo
      13th of Sep, 2009

The same happened to us this summer, we booked and paid an hotel in Cerdeña and when we arrived to the hotel the booking was cancelled. We paid other hotel and when we finished our holidays, get in contact by mail with book in hotels.com and they said that will refund our money in two months. Today they haven´t refund nothing so I have taken all the legal measures to try to close their web, obviously their are thiefs and the web is a total fraud.

Please, do not use their web if you don´t want to be stolen.

• La
      26th of Sep, 2009

I had a similar experience with bookinhotels.com and I´d like to warn people about their special refunds policy.They take your money as soon as you click on "book hotel" but then, if you cancel your booking, you have to wait more than 2 months to receive your money back. I have to phone them to complain but they never answer the phone, so I emailed them many times but never got a reply until I told them I would take legal action if they failed to refund my money.I thought I would not get my money back but I got it at the end and after many emails. I won´t book a hotel with them again and I advice people not to do it.

• Ri
      27th of Sep, 2009

I totally agree with all of the above compaints. We booked a hotel in London and paid in full back in May, 2 days before we left in July we received an email from Book in Hotels that they had financial issues with the hotel and our hotel was cancelled. I phoned the hotel and they stated that they had never received a booking for us. In the email from Book in Hotels it stated that it could take up to 2 month to receive a refund. I emailed the company straight away re our refund and no reply. Two weeks ago I sent an other email and once again no reply. Now that I have read all the complaints about this company I am sure that I will not receive an refund. These people are frauds and operate from Istanbul. How I wish that they could be stopped and charged with fraud so no other traveller will get caught the way I did. I will be making this complaint to Mastercard as I am sure that they have a fraud squad who are willing to investigate it. As from today Book in Hotels are still advertising on the web. Please, please could they be stopped somehow.

• Cn
      27th of Sep, 2009
    Hotels.com - fraudulent activity
    hotels.com
    Dallas
    Texas

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT do business with this company. I booked a hotel reservation and canceled two days prior to arrival and was under the impression that the cancellation had gone through successfully as I even recall the representative telling me to allow one billng cycle for the refund to appear on my statement. It has been more than one billing cycle and I called hotels.com to follow-up only to find that the cancellation was never processed and it has been well past the reservation date. Although I had done everything right I am now not entitled to the refund even if it was an error on the part of their reservations representative who was handling my cancellation wishes at the time. I would not be pursuing this aggressively if hotels.com had substance behind their claims. This company need to be investigated by the Better Business Bureau. Take your business to an honest company, do not waste your time and money here.

• Va
      28th of Sep, 2009

From Brasil,

I've booked the family accommodation at the Rodeway Inn (total of 16 days and US$ 649, 93) and two days before the scheduled date I received exacly the same e-mail of "Sbrain", financial issues, refund in 10 days, bla bla bla...
    We need to make more noise on that, otherwise they'll deceive more people. FRAUD ! FRAUD ! FRAUD !
    Regards,
    Fabio

• Re
      30th of Sep, 2009

They mishandled one reservation and now they are a dishonest company? Really? Might you be overreacting just a little?

How about you dispute this with your credit card company so that they are forced to investigate?

• Ho
      1st of Oct, 2009

Read all of the other post on Hotels.com! JEEZ!

• Re
      1st of Oct, 2009

So there's 10 complaints.

How many transactions do you think they perform a day?? And how many of these "complainers" do you think actually read the terms and conditions? To complete the transaction they had to check a box that they read and agreed to them.

JEEZ!!

• Ho
      3rd of Oct, 2009

I have checked in 20 hotel.com transactions in a day, and I live in a PODUNK town! And as far as terms and conditions go, if people don't read them, and they are putting their credit cards on these sites, feel sorry for them! But, there are people who will still try to call and cancel. Guest books with hotels.com, wants to cancel, calls hotel, hotel tells guest you must call hotels.com because they have a no-cancellation policy, hotels.com calls hotel to see if hotel will cancel AND refund the small portion of money the hotel actually gets from this transaction, hotel says, "will you refund the guest their fees that were paid" hotels.com says no, so hotel says no! Like you're caught up in a divorce or something! I keep saying it, do not use those booking companies unless you are ABSOLUTELY SURE of your trip, otherwise, just call the hotel or the hotels franchises
    1-800 number.

• Gl
      4th of Oct, 2009

I agree. Bookinhotels.com is a FRAUD. They take you money as soon as you book a hotelroom but don't forward the booking to the hotel. Then after a while they send you a mail that your booking has been cancelled due to 'financial issues'.
    I checked with the hotel and they had never even received my booking! Now I'm still waiting for my refund.
    Also: after my booking someone tried to charge 550 dollars from my credit card. Coincidence? I think not. I reported this to my credit card company and they're investigating it as credit card fraud.
    Do not trust bookinhotels.com!

• La
      2nd of Dec, 2009
    Hotels - Terrible Service
    Howard Johnson
    Rte 3 West
    Clifton
    New Jersey

awful experience. the staff walked into the room on several occasions without knocking. They claimed they had called the room first, but they did not as there were several other phone calls from friends that came into the room at around the same time and were answered. They put me in a room in a wing undergoing renovation that was closed off by a separate door. In the hallway outside the room, there was peeling wallpaper, smell of paint and dismantled lighting units propped up against the hallway walls. This part of the hotel was very different from the main part of the hotel in which the hallways looked fine. In the room itself, the bathroom did not flush, the TV stand was falling apart, the furniture was old, scratched and outdated, the bathroom floors were sticky, there were dirty stains by the bathroom sink, and there was a smell of urine. When I called the front desk, the attendant said he would come and spray Lysol in the room to make it smell better. When I asked to speak to the manager, Gia Ghandi, the attendant said I should wait ten minutes and the manager would come out to speak to me, when I asked after ten minutes, the front desk attendant said to wait a half hour, finally he said the manager was in a meeting and was not available to speak. When I asked to speak to the manager over the phone, the front desk attendant said this was not allowed. This was not a professional expeience.

• Be
      3rd of Dec, 2009

Do not touch Bookinhotels with a bargepole as I found out to my cost. I booked a four star hotel in London in June 2009. Three days before we were due to go in August three emails from Bookinhotels arrived informing me they had cancelled my booking due to their company having financial difficulties & that my credit card would be reimbursed. I phoned the hotel to find my room was cancelled & they were full. I had to find another hotel in peak season that had room. Of course my credit card wasn't reimbursed & after numerous emailing (phone number only has a voicemail message) I am out of pocket & annoyed.
    DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE CROOKS EVER.

• Jv
      10th of Dec, 2009

I also was conned by Bookin Hotels and suggest that you all make formal complaints to Visa as Bookin Hotels uses the "Visa Certified" logo on its website. They looked into it and eventually refunded the full amount. Hopefully if enough people complain, the credit card companies will sort this organisation out.

• Cr
      19th of Dec, 2009

Hello everyone.
    I have the same problem with BookInHotels. I have made a reservation for 5 nights to Stockholm and 3 days prior to my departure I received an e-mail saying this is an regretful situation but due to some financial problems my reservation is canceled and all my money used to pay for the reservation will be reimbursed to the same credit card I have used to make the initial payment. This message was sent all most three months ago and no signs to get my money back. From what I have seen it was mentioned that the payment was operated by the UK branch in London and therefore I am thing of making an official complaint to the UK customer protection, maybe something shall be done.
    I used the method with e-mails myself but no luck in getting a reply from them.
    The ### are thinking that they are getting away with this but no chance in hell I will keep trying until someone will do the right thing and that is to make them pay for what they did.
    So in the end be aware of snakes like BookInHotels and avoid them always.

4th of Feb, 2010

Yes Book In Hotels should be ran out of business.

Also had a negative experience with the last minute cancellation and refund never arriving ... Now I'm claiming the money back through credit card company...

Cretzu's idea to write to Uk customer protection is a good one. As many people as possible should contact them... I know I will . Although I'm quit sure I'll get my money back this company should not be allowed to go on, they should instead have lawsauits on their back cause they are clearly stealing money from people ...

• Pi
      7th of Feb, 2011
    Hotels - Do Not Book with them
    Hotels

I made a reservation through hotels.com Only because I was led to believe that I would receive a rebate. I read and re-read the requirementsvery carefully. I even had the help of one of their reps!!!

After I completed my stay I immediately sent the rebate form to Hotels.com and I NEVER received my rebate! They keep telling me they sent it but my bank is saying they did not and it's not on my statement so where could it be?

I am so angry that I have talked to numerous agents and SUPERVISORS and none of them have been able to resolve this issue! This is insane! I will NEVER book ANYTHING through them again and I advise you not to do so either!

• Sh
      21st of Feb, 2011
    Hotels.com - price match
    Arizona

I booked a hotel through hotels.com and then later that day found it cheaper directly through the hotel. I couldnt get on the hotel website earlier in the day otherwise I would have booked it through them. The price before taxes and fee's was the same 115.00 but hotels.com added taxes and fee's that brought the total to about 150.00 . The hotel site had the same room for 129.05 after taxes and HOTELS.com will not honor that price saying they only match the regular rate of 115.00 before fee's yet it says NOTHING about that in their so called "PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE" I've complained and argued the fact several times with them so I will now make sure I will not use them again and I will contact the better business bureau and post complaints where I can so others may see this and steer clear of Hotels.com