Bob's Discount Furniture / defective furniture

1 Farmingdale, NY, United States Review updated:

I ordered an electric fireplace from Bob's, to be delivered which was mandated, would not allow me to pick up this piece. Came to my house damaged, door was warped. Speaking to their delivery men was difficult, especially since they spoke little English. They put me in touch with their "Customer Service" department, they wanted to send a repair man to fix, I told them I wanted a new piece, the door was defective. After discussing at length, they agreed to send me a new one. On the following Saturday, delivery was scheduled for 8:56AM to 11:56AM. At 7:30AM a message is left on my phone requesting an earlier delivery, please call back in 15 minutes if this is okay. At 7:32AM they were at my door with the WRONG PIECE. When I called their CUSTOMER SERVICE department, they had no record of my delivery for that day. I went to the store in Farmingdale and was assured by the store manager Ilan Amouyal that the next delivery would be fine. On Wednesday, the delivery was scheduled for first stop, 7:30AM approximately. At 7:40AM I receive a call from CUSTOMER SERVICE that the delivery man is ringing my bell, no answer. I am home, check the door, no truck. No one on the phone anymore either. 5 minutes later the delivery man calls, will be by you in 30 minutes, never at my home earlier. Calls to CUSTOMER SERVICE that morning never returned, put on hold for 25 minutes. Furniture arrives, and guess what, both doors on the piece are defective. I refused the piece, went to the store and spoke to manager "B" Randy Singh. He too promised a resolution by that evening or the next morning. Still no return phone call. Visited the store on Saturday and spoke to Ilan who credited me back 30% of sale, I requested the delivery charge to be waived, would not. Offered gift cards, never received them. Worst furniture, CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND MANAGEMENT team. Bob's Discount Furniture seems to be Bob's Junk Furniture instead!

Su

Comments

• Va
      12th of Jun, 2008

I purchased a dining room SET from bobs 6+ months ago. The table had to be replaced the second month in (peeling veneer). I phoned June 3 2008 because the peeling is happening again and the chairs are losing colour (loosen joints).

Tech comes in and offers touch up stain and lacquer spray as an option. Product was discontinued and no longer available as of Jan 2008. I was offered a full credit - I asked to call back with decision. Now they offer a store credit or full credit for top and base only. Now they are sending a second tech to look at the chairs since the first tech was not allowed to post the defects (visit was for table only).

• Mi
      23rd of Mar, 2010

No you could fight that. I had a table with peeling veneers and they gave me a new one. The second one did it again and I got a thrid one. The third one did it and I got my money back in form of a credit towards another piece of furniture. I eventually got another table at Pilgrim.

• Ad
      29th of Apr, 2010

to start with discount in the name says it all. We bought a living room set to find out no sooner the store stopped carrying the set I bought. The fabric is fading and discolored and is getting stretched like crazy. Awaiting a tech but since the one year warranty is over and even though I have the goof protection I'll probably be stuck with this junk.
    A salesman at the store made it sound like they would credit us my purchase price but customer service made no such inference.

• Br
      13th of Feb, 2011

I DON 'T WANT TO COM PLANE AT A FORUM, IT JUST GETS ME MORE PISSED OFF. I JUST WANT BOB'S FURNITURE TO HAVE A WEB. PAGE FRIENDLY WEB. SITE
    OR A CONCERN AREA SO SOMEONE CAN
    CALL ME BACK ABOUT MY DEFECTIVE TABLE I PURCHASED. IS THAT SO DIFFICULT !!! INVOICE# 10170NFIVFV DATE OF PURCHASE IS 10/17/10
    I WOULD LOVE TO STAY ON THE COMPUTER ALL DAY, BUT YOU KNOW TIMES TICKING...
    THIS WILL PROBABLY GET ME NO WARE.

WHO EVER GETS THIS THANKS FOR BEING A EAR BRIAN

• Wa
      24th of Sep, 2014

The worst customer service and I have been trying to get the help I need since June 2010 and finally after I had to put the bed apart a technician came and they expect that I use the broken bed and even hurt my self and my dog that always sleeps under the bed. Well I just compliant to the BBB and if I have to go the news I will do it.

• Wa
      24th of Sep, 2014

Bob's customer service is the worst.