Bob's Discount Furniture / I don't recommend this store to anyone

Had the WORST experience with Bobs Furniture, and would not recommend it to anyone. Anyone.

I purchased a sofa and loveseat Mid February, it was to be delivered that Friday.

Week 1, it was never loaded onto the truck

Week 2, cancelled due to weather

Week 3, delivered, loveseat has a manufacturers defect in it.

Week 4, new loveseat delivered to be swapped with defect, new loveseat comes with same defect

Week 5, AGAIN, deliver new loveseat with same defect.

After so many calls to customer service, I was told there was nothing else they could do for me. I was told I could keep the loveseat or swap for a new set. I had NO intention of purchasing anything else from there, and basically just surrendered. I received a $75 gift certificate in the mail 3 weeks later for «my trouble". I would not recommend this store to anyone!

Va

Comments

29th of Apr, 2008

I totally agree with the customer. Me and my boyfriend bought a bed for my son on April 21, 2008. Delivery was for Thursday the 24th. They came with the bed but a set of screws was missing from the box to put the bed together. The parts are all over my sons room. He can't even play in his room. The drivers called the company and they said they will have the screws shipped out. My boyfriend called all weekend to track the screws and customer service seems to not know when they will arrive. We figured they would send them out next day. I guess they are to cheap to do that!! It is now April 29th and still no screws. My son has been sleeping on an air mattress since Wednesday the 23rd. Once this bed is put together (hopefully with no more problems), we will not be buying anything from them again.

29th of Apr, 2008

I am back. Just found out that the company didn't even send out the screws for my son's bed until today. Why would you tell a customer that you are going to send out the part that day(April 24th) when you didn't even do it until now (April 29th)???? Also, the lady from customer service couldn't even track the package as to when we will receive it. How hard is it to tell a customer whether it is Next day, 2nd day, etc.????

• Da
      17th of Jun, 2008

I have recently been having problems with a purchase from Bobs. I purchased a bakers rack to complete my set that I have purchased from Bobs over the past few years, 7 pieces total. In my most recent purchase I opened the box to my bakers rack upon arriving home to find no instructions included on how to properly assemble this furniture. Upon 5 phone calls and 2 hours of my time Saturday morning, I am still without instructions and the pieces of my bakers rack are tucked in the corner of my apartment waiting for the instructions to arrive, so I can properly assembly it. I was told to wait and call back on Monday morning when the vendor was open to get instructions mailed to me. I was then told to come to the store and view how the piece on the showroom floor was assembled and try to assemble it on my own. I find this frustrating, as the instructions should have been included in the box with the bakers rack. There are many furniture shops in Nashua, NH to shop in, but I have brought my business to Bobs but after this experience I have to question where I will make my future purchase.

• Ju
      27th of Oct, 2009

I just sent a tip into Fox New Network to tip them off about MR "no fancy gimmicks" and the growing complaints about his products. Goto Fox.com and do the same. Maybe the media can get some results.

• Ca
      27th of Sep, 2011

I just ordered a chaise and couch from bobs. I really wanted same week delivery. They promised 10 days I would get it delivered. The day before they were to deliver they called and said 2 more weeks! I'm so pissed, I would have gone somewhere else if I knew I would be waiting over a month. They are paying us back the delivery fee. 109$ and giving us a 100$ gift cert for the store. If they can't make the next delivery I will go postal on them...