Bob Evans Farms

Posted: Nov 12, 2017 by

bob evans macaroni and cheese

3.35
I've been a patron of Bob Evans restaurant and groceries for many years. My family especially loves the macaroni and cheese, which is why I'd normally buy several at a time.

On November 11, 2017, I purchased 2 packs of 2 Bob Evans macaroni and cheese from Walmart in North Little Rock, AR on McCain Blvd. When I went to warm up the mac/cheese, I almost vomited from the odor invading my nostrils. Clearly it was spoiled. I opened the other 3 mac/cheese and they were spoiled as well.

I contacted Walmart who amicably offered to replace the mac/cheese, which they did. This time both Walmart and I checked the expiration dates on the new mac/cheese (12/13/2017) and was satisfied that it wasn't bad.

Before warming the mac/cheese up for my daughter I decided to sniff it just to be sure, and I vomited everywhere. The smell was so disgusting--rotten cheese. Despite that the expiration date hadn't come to past, the entire batch of mac/cheese is spoiled.

As a matter of fact, I contacted Walmart to inform them that they needed to remove the entire batch of mac/cheese because it's all spoiled. It could possibly make someone ill. Walmart staff then opened a fresh pack of Bob Evans mac/cheese and discovered that it too was spoiled. They promptly removed the entire batch, as suggested.

This is disgusting. Bob Evans is either marking expiration dates on products that are already expired or products are going bad during transport, which in any case it's still your fault.

Citizens trust the products that you package to be safe. We have faith that Bob Evans practice measures that ensure quality products. I've personally believed that Bob Evans was a business of integrity. Not so much anymore.

Your disgustingly spoiled mac/cheese could've caused my baby to become ill.
Complaint comments Comments (57)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Food

Comments

N  12th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
This is probably more of Walmart's lack of storing the product properly and putting it in the freezer in a timely manner then Bob Evans mismarking the expiry date. They have been known for mishandling food. Most likely it was left at room temperature in the store for a long time, then place in the freezer or something like that.
N  12th of Nov, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@First Born Triplet Actually I thought of this after I complained. It could've been Walmart's fault, it could be Bob Evans marking expiration dates on products that are already expired, or products are going bad during transport. The point is it's Bob Evans product and it's spoiled. Shame on them.
N  12th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Exactly as First Born Triplet stated. But the OP better be careful. She can get sued for posting information like this without proof. She has to find out who is the one responsible for the bad food first before posting this online. She can be sued for claiming that they are marking expiration dates after the expiry date without checking out who is responsible for the food gone bad. In rare cases they can take the children from the mother if she is sued, owes money and does not have enough money to feed them. Happened in SunnyBrook New York.
N  12th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe Oh shutup. The only person that needs to be careful is the person at Bob Evans who failed to do their job and ensure the food was adequate. How in the [censor] can someone take my child for making it known that Bob Evans packaged spoiled food. And proof? You [censor], how much more proof do I need that something is spoiled? Sue me? Please do so that I can get paid for Bob Evan's [censor]up. You are the only person whose aware of this situation and actually faults me for exposing the bs.
N  12th of Nov, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@tafe And for the record, you [censor], read what I actually wrote, "Bob Evans is either marking expiration dates on products that are already expired or products are going bad during transport, which in any case it's still your fault." These are my conclusions. How in the [censor] can someone sue me for concluding why they gave me spoiled food?
N  12th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe How about you screenshot my post and send it to them, or better yet, their corporate lawyer? Let's see how this turns out.
N  12th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@RitaPce My first thought was that the store selling it might have a delivery issue. Bob Evans most likely packaged a fine product but the delivery company screwed up.

I was going to say I always agree with you two guys, then thought, “nah, they’re smart with common sense . They’re women like me!”

😅
N  12th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@RitaPce You need to be sued for libel, you have no proof that it is Bob Evans fault. If they see this they can sue you. Some mother in Sunny Brook lost custody of her kids over something similar and they were put into foster care because she could not feed them after she was sued for slander. Don't worry I will be contacting their lawyer.
N  12th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe She won't be sued, this is a site for complaints. I doubt enough people will see it to hurt the company. I don't know anything about the case in New York. I think you are just making that up, but if it is true then there was more to it than just posing it on a website where less than ten people will see this, and most won't think twice to stop buying food from them. Even if they do it won't make them bankrupt. She won't lose her kids because of this complaint. What a ridiculous post.
N  12th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@First Born Triplet I mean what a ridiculous reply.
N  12th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@First Born Triplet Actually that mother from SunnyBrook did lose custody of her kids. Don't believe me google it. This mother is doing the exact same thing. Not a ridiculous reply. People have been sued for this to a point where they have to mortgage their house possess their car. It is considered libel to post claims about a company without proof. They can sue her for saying they make later dates on their products without proof.
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@First Born Triplet Thank you!!! You totally get it. Because B.E. mac/cheese that I purchased was spoiled, I'll lose custody of my daughter. The most asinine thing I've ever heard. And I don't believe the story about someone losing everything for a GENUINE complaint. Tafe sounds like she works for Bob Evans and attempting to intimidate the complaint out of me. Lol.
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe I know that you wish B.E. would sue me so that you'll have more warnings to spread on the COMPLAINT site. However, instead of going out of your way to threaten my family and I on behalf of B.E., why don't you eat this mac/cheese in its entirety? I'd love to be able to "warn" everyone who posts a complaint about B.E. about yout story. Lol
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe Oh to make your report to B.E. about my conclusions easier, B.E. contact information is below, including phone number and address. I hope this helps. Lol
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce No you will lose custody of your daughter if they decide to sue you for libel and if you don't have the funds to fee her. Happened in SunnyBrook New York.
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce The whole point is if like firstborntriplet said it was Walmart storage and not their making the expiry date later they have a case.
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce I don't wish they would sue you, just warning you to be careful. Get all the information before posting
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe I hope you don't have any kids to lose custody of. You're a stupid individual to even say something so insulting, especially on a complaint site. You assume that I can't afford an attorney to sweep you and B E. under the rug. Go away and keep your nonsensical warnings to yourself.
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce I am just trying to warn you. Also you you are making false accusations them. You are the stupid one. You don't deserve to have kids. I hope your poor daughter does not turn out stupid as you are. Just trying to warn you stupid women. I wonder if your daughter is as stupid as you are?
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@RitaPce RitaPice Don't feed the troll. But he had no kids, that tafe user. He just is 18-20 years old lives in his parents basement, and creates multiple accounts to troll these sites. He creates accounts sometimes to argue with himself for attention. In three days he has nearly 100 comments and no reviews. In six year I joined this site I have just about between 200-300 comments. Tafe has admitted to dropping out of high school, does not have a job because he is "too good" for retail and fast food and that is the only place that will hire him.
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@First Born Triplet You have a lot to call me a troll when your LCBO letter is obviously a troll review. I don't know who is more stupid, you for posting that or the employee who responded who actually believes that it was a real issue.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce You stupid person how is it MY fault if they are the one marking the dates wrong. You have no proof that the gave you spoiled food or it it was stored wrong. How stupid are you to not understand this.
@tafe Shut up
@tafe its your fault
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce You shut up. Also if you take a good look at First Born Triplet's profile he too is trolling on his PIzza Hut review and his LCBO review. Then look at that stupid person Nicholas******2008. Click on his Mcdonald's letter and see how many spelling and grammar mistakes that stupid person made.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe You are calling a nine year old stupid because his spelling and grammar is not perfect. How low. Also he he is nine year old probably still lives with his parents. As for you saying he is acting like a child. He is a child what's your excuse for acting like a child?
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
I feel bad for the OP's daughter having a stupid mother. I wonder if the daugher is stupid as well.
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe Seriously you are actually calling a child stupid. I don't know the age RitePce's daughter but to call a child stupid is low.
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@First Born Triplet Well she called me stupid first. It is real immature for an "adult" to call someone stupid over the internet. All I was trying to do was give her a friendly warning, that technically if the fault is not of BE that she can get sued for libel if it causes them to lose money. This woman is immature. I feel bad for the example she is setting for her daughter. If stupidness runs in the family chances are that her daughter is stupid as well. It is not the daughter's fault the mother passed her genes on to her.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe You may as well have said, "I know you are but what am I." You truly come across as a child. My 3-year-old's imagination far exceeds yours. At least when she make up "scary" stories, they tend to align with her age. Why does your made up "scary" story seem like something my 3 year old concocted? 'Mommy, the boogie man sued this lady in North Brook and stole all of her babies because she said he was a bad man." Troll kick rocks. You lost ALL credibility after you went for my kid. You act like you're screwing the CEO of B.E. (more than likely a side chick, definitely not a wife) and you've made it your life's mission to attack anyone who complains about your sugar daddy. Screw you and the [censor] you came out of. As the saying goes: Your mother should've swallowed or your daddy should've pulled out. (That's for going after the WRONG child)
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@First Born Triplet It's cool, First B T. Tafe is what I refer to as the gutter of society. There's a certain type of people that aim for children to spite parents. She is beyond stupid. She's really mentally ill. She's society's outkast and reject. We don't want trash among us. But thank you, First B T, for having an opened-mind and civil conversation about this very real situation.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce If you keep being this kind of role model to your child she will end up a loser like you. You are mentally ill. You are stupid, I am a he you stupid person. You probably abuse your daughter both physically and verbally. Better raise your daughter right or she will end up as a lowlife like you. She will probably end up abusing drugs and alcohol and get pregnant when she is 15. I feel bad for your daughter. She is going to end up a pathetic loser like yourself. That is if she does not kill herself first to get away from you.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe you are stupid it is speled daughter i am nine years old and i know that. and you are mean.
@tafe you are stupid
N  13th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
I somehow get the feeling that this is someone that got fired or a disgruntled BE employee, but I could be wrong.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe Disgruntled employee? I've never worked in a restaurant in my life. I am and always will be an electrical engineer, so try again troll. And while you're assuming what other people do for a living, get out of your mama's basement and put in an app to work at your, obviously, favorite place: Bob Evans!
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce I am not trolling but are lying when you said that Bob Evans is my favorite place. Don't be surprised one day if your daughter tries to kill herself one day because she is ashamed of you. Do you even have a husband? Probably not because he probably divorced you. You keep acting stupid and on day your daughter is going to kill herself. You are immature. Your daughter is young now, but once she reaches her teen years she is going to be ashamed to have a mother like you. You are ASSuming that BE screwed up you stupid hypocrite. Mommy needs to give you a good slap and take you off the internet. You may be an adult but you behave like a six year old child. I don't blame you though, obviously you had a terrible upbringing. Your parents did a poor job of raising you so you are doing a terrible job of raising your daughter. If you can lie about me trolling and that BE is my favorite place what other lies are you telling us. Your daughter is going to be a pathetic adult.
@tafe i hate you.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe you called me stupid on what i posted about the onionrings at mcdonalds.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe you are a discusting employee
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Nicholas******2008 That is because you are stupid. I read your letter and it is full of spelling and grammar errors. Also someone deleted the comment so I will post it again. Probably still live with your parents loser.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Nicholas******2008 It is disgruntled you stupid.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce How do we know you are telling the truth about this. You basically lied about everything else.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe Nicholas is nine what are you picking on him for? First you pick on RitaPce's daughter and now you are picking on Nicholas.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Since you probably have too much time on your hands to reply back to me maybe you are lying about working in Engineering. Probably don't work and collect WIC an EBT.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe I know it's hard to believe, but I am an engineer. I'm married and my husband and I are affluent, something your trailer trash [censor] would know nothing about. Hold your breath for the next 10 years until I update you on the status of my daughter's mental health. FYI, I laughed really hard while reading your comment. You are a special kind of stupid. Probably voted for Trump and you know what they say about those people. Lol.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe And as far as my daughter becoming a pathetic adult, I'm sure your mother and father said the same thing. They probably shook their heads when their prediction came to be.
N  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce Actually you are wrong again. Your daughter is going to be a real pathetic loser when she grows up. Just like you.
@tafe Lol
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce You won't be LOL when she commit suicide because of shame about you.
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce If your daughter is sill alive that is. You don't love your daughter if you laugh at her wanting to kill herself. Never voted for anyone, waste of time but it is great how he is trying to keep the Spic's out of our country. Why should I believe a liar? You are trailer trash and you are probably jobless and on WIC and a single parent. You have a lot of time on your hands for someone who is working.
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@tafe Lol. Not only are you a special kind of stupid, but you're also a bigot. That's the perfect combination of character traits to produce stupidity. Be proud and own it. Xoxo lol
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
While tafe is being immature and rude here, you are the adult here and therefore should ignore him. What he is doing is trolling. Most likely he or she is 10-14 years old. Trying to get you to reply back and you are falling into his trap. As for tafe. Does your mom know what you are up to? The only one that needs a good slap or spanking is you. Joking and even making comments about Rita daughter committing suicide is a very serious issue and you should not joke about that or make comments about her committing suicide. It is a very sensitive issue here, and some posters may have had a friend or family member commit or attempt suicide. Or maybe they attempted it themselves. Anyways you can reply back to me and abuse me if you want Tafe, but this is my first and last response to you. The only reason that I am responding to you is to get you to think about the sensitive topic you are taking lightly. As for Rita I am sure that once she realized she is feeding your trolling and stooping to your level she will stop replying to you. Also before correcting Nicholas on his spelling and grammar work on your own. Your immature posts about suicide as well as your own grammar shows that you are probably in Junior high.
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@AshIee Jarrett Oh my. Is it truly an adolescent? Oh dear, I hope I havent been arguing with an actual child. I mean, I assumed that it was mentally unstable, but now you're saying it may be a child. Well if this is the case, Im embarrassed. I thought it was a grown woman attacking my child and I over a mac/cheese complaint. Oh wow.
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Sorry, I just want to add one more thing to Tafe, this is not another reply but I forgot to add this in my original reply. I am sure that if you attacked just Rita she would not fight back, but once you started messing with her daughter and posting comments about her calling her horrible names you pushed her buttons. It is one thing for you to mess with her, but to post comments about her child, any decent loving parent would be triggered by that and respond back. But then again you already knew this would trigger her since that is what trolls do right.
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@AshIee Jarrett Exactly Ashlee J. Initially when she attacked my baby, all bets were off. But now I realize she's simply a degenerate. There's no point in challenging the special.
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RitaPce You are the one tat admitted to calling your own baby stupid and wishing she was never born. You even admitted to wishing someone would kidnap her. Also stupid I am a he, told you three times. I think you are the one that is special considering you are unable to read.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree