BMW Harry Fairbairn / oil level problem within new 07 1 series bmw

United Kingdom Review updated:
I bought an 07 plate 116i SE BMW Reg No: SB07 MFJ in April 07 and with only 3000 miles on the clock the oil warning light came on. On checking the on board computer system the oil was at minimum and upon reading me manual I discovered I had to take my vehicle to he dealership immediately. I was told at the Harry Fairbain dealership in Glasgow southside that all cars need topped up between services I find this alarming as I have just traded in a two and a half year old BMW 1 series which did not require the oil to be topped up and was always showing the maximum level. I would be grateful if this could be looked into and someone could please respond to me ASAP incase there is a fault with this vehicle.

My telephone number is [protected] - Mrs L Roarty.

Comments

Ji
  28th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am getting ready to take my 06 BMW325I in to the shop. I have twenty five thousands mile and this is the second time the Engine oil light has come on. THe first time they told me it just need capping off. I was able to get7500 miles between the problem, but no car should drain itself of oil at twenty five thousand mile.
817-797-6537