Bluegreen Timeshare / timeshare buy back!

For all of you like myself who bought a timeshare from Bluegreen and was told that they would buy it back if you were unhappy and now you find that what they told you was a lie, I have found a lawyer willing to file a class action suite against Bluegreen. You can contact me with your name, email, etc information and a brief history of your experience with Bluegreen and I will forward the information to you on how to get this process going.

It is about time these people are held accountable. I am now retired and have had my membership for six years. I have never been able to use it. I am banned now because I refuse to pay my maintenance fee.

Comments

• Da
      2nd of Feb, 2008
    Bluegreen Timeshare - Rip off!
    Bluegreen
    Tennessee

As to Jan Baucom who posted that she would love to talk to any disgruntled owners she never posted a contact number where she could be reached and if you did get a number you would get transferred about 20 times to someone else who still could not give you any answers!!!

10th of Apr, 2008

I think that every Member of the Bluegreen Vacation Club should sue you for the additional cost you force on them because you can not and will not honor YOUR aggrement and pay your outstanding debt.

Get real and pay what you owe !

• Be
      5th of Nov, 2018

@Lord Mankinholes Sadly, we all made horrible (but barely legal) business decisions in buying timeshares. Timeshares need to be 'cleaned up' or a warning should be placed conspicuously in all caps on very first document- requiring signature! (As on cigarettes which are legal but a VERY bad idea). Class action sounds like a fantastic 1st step!

• Sp
      12th of Apr, 2008

Phillip Smith is a fool, and it's not about paying your debt. Bluegreen is a scam as much as the sales people are. I paid for a lawyer to review the contract and it clearly states that what the sales people tell you doesn't matter. He said they can lie their !@#! off and have no repercussions. The contract is filled with verbage that relieves them of liability. Bluegreen will not hold their sales people responsible for their fraudulent and immoral sales practices. Bluegreen used lies to obtain my account information, and abused the privilege to have it. They hide underneath the technical laws of corporate America. They are not an honest corporation, they do not hold to their word, I will never recommend any person to give them their banking information or purchase products from them, and i will participate in any class action suit pending. I want my money and compensation for the fraudulent and immoral sales practices of the Bluegreen staff. They are licensed real estate agents and they have responsibilities and obligations when they sell property honestly. If they do not, that would make them thieves. Being a thief comes with consequences and prosecution eventually, so all you Bluegreen sales agents be advised a big dark cloud is forming over Bluegreen Corporation and you're involved. Chew on that Phillip Smith!

Best Regards,

Spanky

20th of Apr, 2008

All I can say Spanky is

YOU read all the paperwork
    YOU ticked all the Boxes

and it was YOU who signed there name on the contract.

If you had read it properly then you would have no problems
    I am sorry to have to tell you its all there in black and white and I didnt need to see a lawyer.

Its you whose the fool and yes I will say it again

Just pay what you owe that is all I ask

Your lawyer must be rubbing his hands in glee bet its one of the easiest bucks in made in years

• Th
      13th of Oct, 2008

Okay - here's my Bluegreen experience. We signed up for the presentation in Bass Pro Shop (not my favorite stores anymore). We went to Gatlinburg, TN and received two free nights at the Park Tower Inn and two adult tickets to the aquarium. We went to the presentation open minded and were impressed when we arrived at how they assured us that we'd only be there 90-120 minutes - even broke it down as to how long each part would take and then if we decided it wasn't for us, they'd thank us for our time and we could leave. They also assured us they were NOT high pressure and that they wouldn't call other reps over to the table to hit us over the head to try to convince us to buy. I was so relieved after having a bad experience with another company a few years ago. Anyway, we sat at a small table with our sales guy and chatted for a few minutes before we were taken into a small room with about 30 people to watch a movie and listen to another guy talk for over an hour basically trying to convince us what a great company this is and that we would be crazy not to buy into their plan. He didn't give any details or cost of the plan, just that we should do it. We were then taken back to the first room with the small table at which time he told us the cost. We then explained to him that this just wasn't a good time right now for us with the economy the way it is, the fact we are self employed and dependent on the way the economy is as to whether or not we'll have work in the future. We also explained that we were NOT the type of people who would make a snap decision on something about this without first discussing it, researching it and thinking on it a few days. He basically ignored everything we said and took us to his vehicle (which smelled of urine, by the way, and he didn't even turn any air on and it was about 120 degrees in there) and took us on a tour of the chalets and condos. Yes, they were nice and yes, it would be nice to own a vacation timeshare but it just wasn't something we were gonna decide on within a matter of minutes like they wanted us to. We were then taken back to the meeting room at which time we explained AGAIN our reasons why we were NOT going to sign a contract at THAT moment in time and that since we'd been there for three hours and had signed an understanding that we'd be there 90-120 minutes, that it was time for us to go. He ignored us, acting like he didn't realize we'd been there three hours and took us back into the original meeting room. He then proceeded to show us pictures of his kid enjoying a pool at one of the places he's been to - okay- who cares? Our kids were sitting in a motel room probably wondering why we weren't already back. We told him it was time for us to go. He, of course, then called over his manager and was almost belittling us for the reasons we'd given him to not sign on the dotted line. The manager then started his high pressure sales pitch at which time we told him, "Look, you told us we'd be here no longer than 120 minutes and that wasn't true. You told us the presentation wasn't high pressure and that wasn't true. You told us a second person wouldn't be called over to the table to pressure us and that wasn't true. There is no way we'd buy anything from you cause so far everything you've told us has turned out to be a lie." The manager even told my wife "I'm the manager, I'm the one who gave you all these gifts, I'm the one you need to be nice to!" WHAT THE HECK??!! He then asked us, "well, do you not like what we have to offer?" We replied, "yes, and we were interested about an hour or so ago but now after what we've went through with you people, we're so mad, we aren't interested anymore." We also told him after this 3rd timeshare sales pitch we have sat through over the last 15 years, we have made the decision to never sit through another one. This company, which boasts of not being high pressure, was the worst we have ever experienced. I believe if their timeshare plan was as great and wonderful as they claim, they wouldn't have to pressure you so hard and they wouldn't mind if you left and thought about and researched it. When I told the sales rep that we would need to research it first, he became very hostile and asked "what do you want to research?" Well, after looking online at all the complaints people have about Bluegreen, I know why he didn't want me researching anything. Although, I had already read some of the complaints before going, I decided to be open minded and give them a chance. Also - they'd told us that if we decided it wasn't for us that they wouldn't get mad and start treating us rudely --- ANOTHER BIG LIE! Stay away from Bluegreen - don't get suckered into listening to one of their sales pitches or your blood pressure will get as high as ours did.

• Ro
      18th of Oct, 2008

you are absolutely correct. If they had nothing to hide then they wouldn't mind if you took the time to read over it. But they KNOW FOR A FACT that once you "do all of the numbers" THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT YOU WOULD TOUCH THIS THING WITH A TEN-FOOT POLE!! And by the way, neither would most. Except for this Smith guy whose only endeavor is to belittle those who were ripped-off and are now being extorted into paying for something that is basically useless. I commend you and your wife for not signing. I didn't either. But, you have to feel bad for the people who got "sucked in" and now feel as if they have nowhere to turn. This company has over 200 complaints on this website alone. Just take a look at /link removed/ also, you've really dodged a bullet, my friend. Ofcourse Smith would try to lead you to believe otherwise. Although, he has never answered our question as far as the "sign it now, the offer is no good tomorrow" crap? Why do they do this? Come on Smith-put it here for all to see. You have so, so many rebuttles on here. Let's us all read your defense for that strategy of theirs. THERE IS NONE. Except what was written above by Thomas and MANY MANY others including myself. We all know that you are connected to Bluegreen somehow so, STOP denying it. OK?

• Su
      15th of Nov, 2008

My husband & I bought our timeshare 10 or 12 yrs. ago. We were happy with it in the beginning when we "owned" a unit for 1 wk. during Dec. each yr. We wanted to add to it but were told they were now on a point system but, again, if we were unhappy, they would buy back the shares. Stupid us bought into it. We called several months later to ask about buy back and were told they DO NOT BUY BACK SHARES. We pay our dues or get locked out if we use it or not. When we don't use the points within 2 yrs., we forfeit them. We also cannot use "saved" points during certain times of the year. Bluegreen has the attitude that they don't care if you are happy with your timeshare or not. They have you hooked. We have considered just letting the shares go back by not paying our fees. Fees have also went WAY UP! We are not sure what damage will be done to our excellent credit rating if we allow the points to go back to Bluegreen. HELP! Several financial experts on TV advise against timeshare purchases. They are the worst investment you can make and we agree! Stay away from timeshare purchases.

• Pj
      22nd of Apr, 2017

@Sue Your last name isn't Hammond is it? Of course it isn't. Our last name is Hammond and we've been stuck in this crap for 17 years. Is there anything we can do?

• Re
      30th of Jul, 2017

@pjhejh PLEASE Help trying to get rid of our Blue Green Time Share Maintenance Fees are twice What they said I will not pay someone to sell it for nothing as I'm going broke paying for this worthless investment. We loose points that we paid for it is crazy. we bought our at Tennessee and Virginia when they claimed the problem was we did not own enough points and needed to get more now we are even further in debit. we pay so much that it is impossible to travel they ruined our vacationing .MY email address is chimperymom@Gmail . Com I don't want any more scams so a signed contract of some sort would be a must.

• Jt
      23rd of Aug, 2018

@Sue I may be able to help you can contact me at jturnage.tdc@gmail.com or 218-503-1099

• Ra
      8th of Dec, 2008

My husband and I were reading your entry and we were so shocked at how similar your experiences were to us! We also purchased the vacation package from Bass Pro. We also told them the economy was not good for us to get in on this. They also kept up there for 3.5 hours.
    EXACT same thing...even the ### sales guy showed us his family picture on vacations!. We kept our foot down, and they got mean. Luckily, my husband was hungry and he gets grumpy when he's hungry. Thank GOD we trusted our instincts!!!
    In addition to your experiences with Blue Green I have also posted some comments on my travel blog . http://leungexplores.blogspot.com/2008/12/120608-beware-of-timeshare.html
    After reading numerous negative review regarding Blue Green and other similar timeshare scams, I want everyone to know this. Someone should bring their iPhone and do research online DURING the presentation. I wonder how they would react.

15th of Apr, 2009

To Phillip Smith -- My husband and I have been paying for Bluegreen hell for 6 years with increase in cost yearly. It states in writing that they are to send in writing and/or call reference referral to a collection agency. They don't do that. In fact they don't do anything. Call for reservations -- none available -- never is. And forbid that you try to use bonus nights for a reduced price. No way is that going to happen. But let yearly maintenance fees and dues be due and payable -- OMG let's see how fast we can ruin your credit. You pay the maintenance fees for people that have the red carpet and have their names posted when in residence. I'm plan and will join a class action suit against the liars and thieves that we were convinced to guy after keeping us there for 5 hours.

• Ha
      9th of Jun, 2009

I defer to my previous comments on this subject. It's not rocket science to book with Bluegreen, it just takes a little legwork and planning to get what you want. Granted, I'm less than a year into my purchase, but here's what I've booked already on 5, 000 (10, 000 biennial points): no problem booking 5 nights in June 2009 at Shenandoah, 6 nights in April 2010 at Pono Kai, 2 bonus nights in Hershey April 2009, 2 bonus nights in Atlantic City May 2009, and a RCI hot deal week in the Poconos Feb 2009. And it all cost much less than if we paid for hotel rooms for all that! I bet you spent more time complaining than you did trying to figure out how to make the ownership work to your advantage!

• Li
      25th of Oct, 2018

@HappyBGOwner It's really not about where you can go. I just don't want it anymore and there should be a way to cancel or sell it back to them. My kids don't want it after I die because they don't have time to travel all over the world. And they don't have the money to keep it. I'm just wanting them to honor what they sold me back in 2014.. In 2016 I called to the buyout program and they I couldn't because it was against the law (which it isn't).. I don't like people to take advantage of people and lie to make more money for the company. Oh I should of learned after the first time, because this isn't the first time they have changed their programs in the middle of the stream. Then you hooked and can't get out. Just my thoughts, so please don't take this personal because of your comments and my comments. Thanks for listening.

• Be
      5th of Nov, 2018

@HappyBGOwner Yeah, like you said you're only a year into it...get back with the rest of us dissatisfied customers in a few years. I loved it at first, too.

• Ca
      19th of Jun, 2009

I have owned for six years also and I am using owners advocate to get out of my contract due to lots of misrepresentation and fraudualt activity while the presentation was taking place and within the contract, HappyBGOwner, pull your contract out and look at it. If you sell it you cannot deed your points they are NON TRANSFERABLE. so basically you can never sell it. Also the VIP membership, bounus weeks, hot weeks, bounus nights, travelers plus, ect all of that is non transferable unless aproved by a bluegreen associate and handled by them. Basically they have you eating out of there hand forever until you will it to your heirs that dont get anything but your acuall deeded week. They are so frauduant. Plus for what you pay them in maintance fees yearly you can rent timeshare for the same price if not cheaper. If I get out of this contract i will be back to this site and let you all know how it happend, but im takin this to the atterny general, 20/20, NBC, dateline, the commissions board of fraudualnt activity and many others if they do not comply with my wishes for them to relese me from my contract that was signed under false pretenses.

• Th
      19th of Jun, 2009

Misrepresentation is an under statement! I don't know how they sleep at night. We like many others have been dooped into thinking that this was a good thing. Lie after lie after lie. We are considering just letting it go back. From the sounds of it, there is not much more we can do. We have not found a single way to step out. Can't sell it, can't use it when you want cause you can't get in. We have had to pay to stay at a resort that we are not members of because we couldn't get into a Bluegreen resort! Maintanace Fees are sky high they say you can use your points to pay maintance fees but they've changed that now there is a limit on how many and what the points are worth to apply towards the fees. They don't listen when you tell them NO at the updates. They just want to Suck you in DEEPPER. Did I mention We Are NOT HAPPY BLUEGREEN MEMBERS!

23rd of Jun, 2009

Four days after I signed up with Bluegreen I found out that the company I worked for was closing. I tired to get out of the contract on the 5th day and they said it was 5 days not 5 business days and I missed it by a day.
    They were no help at all and didn't care if this would put a hardship on my family.
    I have tried to book a stay and have not had any luck. You would think in this wonderfull country of ours that things like this would be regulated and these pushy sales people would get exposed.
    They did say I could try to sell my share but after what I have been through I don't believe a word they say! Run as far away as you can from Bluegreen

10th of Jul, 2009

Caramelnsilkbc,

Sorry you can sell your points How do you think people buy resale ?

Buy them on ebay and yes the benefits do not transfer buy them from BG and yes they do

Buy lots of ebay then upgrade with BG and you get the benenfts as if you bought all of them direct from BG

Just another point most of the major players in timeshare do not allow the owner benefits to be transfered when sold on the resale market.

Now if you already have all those benefits why pay for them again

Renting then most people who rent out their timeshares charge what ever the M/Fees are plus a little on top which is their profit ---- no one rents it out to make a loss on it !

3rd of Oct, 2009

Well let me ask any of you...have you tried to transfer your deed after you sold your timeshare...I have...and it all started in May...it is now October and they still don't have the paperwork done. I have been given every excuse under the sun. I was told it would take 60 working days...then it should be in the mail...then there are steps...huh??? what's that...well I am only on number 4...so all the other excuses were just lies...yep you are at their mercy.
    And of course they said they would buy it back...hahahaha...it was not on paper. Stupid is as stupid does.

• Ce
      26th of Dec, 2009

Blue green is a rip off they are very high pressure they would not give me and my wife 10 min to read over what we was signing they said you can read it all when you get home.they even said we could sell it back if we was not happy about it.we tried they lied just tried to sell us more points and more money.we have used it and the vacations are nice but its all the lies they tell you and high pressure and more lies.we are trying to sell ours right now through other companys.they gace us 4000 bonus points to use but we cant even use them till after 2010 and i bought in 2008 and then its white or blue season they never told us that they told us we could use them anytime another lie.but 1 thing is for sure God will hold them accountable for the Lies and deseption they do to people.maybe n o judge on this earth will do nothing but i know a all mighty judge that will. i know this is no place for a sermon but i am a preacher and if they will lie to a preacher to his face they will lie to any one.

18th of Jan, 2010

we went to the presentation and stayed at a nice resort. Consider before buying that the maintenance fees could go up and that if you want to get out they have no incentive to sell your share before a new share. It will probably be quite some time before you can exit with credit intact (by selling through Bluegreen).

8th of Feb, 2010

I live in Canada and I bought time share that I can only use every two years because of the amount of points I have. I tried to sell but it only cost me more money. I have not paid my fees and they say my timeshare is going to collection and daily rental at my cost. I am retired a widow and my pension is decreasing so I can, t pay the maintenace. I worry what will happen as I can, t afford a lawyer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• St
      24th of Feb, 2010

Geezzz, did not think I'd find so many with my same story!! Won't even get into ours, cause it's the same as everyone here. Count us in with the Lawyer that wants to do a class action suit. Looks like he/she will have a lot of clients!!

• Oo
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Have found that there is NO market for Bluegreen points-followed some on e-bay--free to take if the "buyer" would just pay the maintenance fees--they did not have any takers !!