Bluegreen Resorts / scam and cheating!
My husband and I were ALMOST scammed by Bluegreen resorts. We paid 20.00 (refundable) after we listened to their PROMISED 90-minute presentation on the company (SCAM). However, my husband and I ended up there 5 and a half hours. Needless to say we signed up for their sampler plan after not being able to afford the highly priced 25,000 plan they offered first... then, 13,000 plan... that was over our budget the next plan was 5,000 which was still too high... then them FINALLY offering us the sampler plan that was 1,000 more in our price range.
We sat down to sign the paperwork that basically finalized this scam. The woman explained the details that were completely (omitted) from the conversation with the sales rep. We quickly found out when speaking with this woman who was finalizing our plan that this one-year plan (sampler) was ACTUALLY only active for 10 months because you cannot book vacations for the first 40-60 days because it takes that long to get you in the system. Then we find out all holidays and June, July & August are out as well. People on the sampler plan cannot book during these dates. So in all reality there is only a small limited time (if any) that we would be able to use these points. The topping on the cake of this story was while going through these MAJOR details left out by the sales rep. my husband asks to talk to the sales manager. The manager tells him he can help us during those times we want to go in August. He then looks over the divider and makes sure no one else is in the room and says "I'm not suppose to do this but here is my cell phone number. Call me in 3 days and we will work out the details on dates etc. Well... we left signing up for this plan. As soon as we got out of there we instantly called and told Bluegreen we changed our mind. We looked over the paperwork and saw that we had EXACTLY 3 days to write a letter to the headquarters in Florida to CANCEL THE CONTRACT. The interesting thing here is that the manager said to wait 3 days so conveniently so that it would be TOO LATE to cancel. I'm glad we read the fine print and took action. Today, 2 weeks later Bluegreen credited our account the money they took 2 weeks ago. I hope this helps you if you read this in time.
Paul & Heather.
More Bluegreen Resorts Complaints & Reviews
- Bluegreen Timeshare - timeshare buy back! 
- Blue Green Vacation Club - This is a scam where they made the rules and changed the rules after a completed purchase 
- Bluegreen Vacation Club - stay away from this scam! 
- Bluegreen Resort - I won a sweepstakes... yeah right! 
- Bluegreen Corporation - lies and deceptive sales practices 
- Bluegreen Vacations - my timeshare ownership
- Blue Green Resorts and Bass Pro Shop - blue green timeshare
- Bluegreen Resorts Management, Inc - timeshare for deceased person
- Blue Green & Bay Park Mall - sweepstakes scam
- Bluegreen Vacations - $199 promotional bass pro shops package