Bluegreen Resorts / run far far away

Yeah, we signed and now, we regret it.. We see things now that we didn't see when we signed on in 2005.

Bluegreen vacation resorts is a rip off. They have highly trained sales people which will tell you everything but the truth. They talk a "good story" they tell you things you want to hear, but none on those things are truth.

If you notice during their sales pitch, they will not offer you any written literature or brochures about their company. They will only show you a photo album and/or draw on blank paper and list things that you "will get". They won't let you get your hands on those papers. Of course not, because none of the things they offer are for real.

Some of the properties they own are older properties. Most of the rooms in those properties are already sold to owners other than bluegreen owners. Bluegreen only has a select few to offer to their program.

It will be a nightmare... if not impossible to get a reservation at a favourite vacation spot.

They sell the idea of ownership for a lifetime, but believe me, it isn't what happens.

Bluegreen sells POINTS... period.

Nowhere in their papers or agreements does it list how much a point is in relation to the value of a dollar.

Therefore, bluegreen can raise the amount of points per property as they choose.

We all understand inflation when relating to dollars and percentage rates but by using points they have a deceptive way to raise the cost of a vacation stay. Consumers have a harder time figuring it out and relating to a points/value program.

Your points may get you 5 nights now, but next year they may give you only 3.

We learned this by trying to make reservations 2 years in a row at the same resort. By they way, the resort was booked and we still haven't used bluegreen.

We paid for our own vacation, bluegreen was useless for our family for the past 2 years.

Please don't waste your money like we did...

Va

Comments

• Lo
      21st of Apr, 2008

Lets just get a few facts straight.

I have been a member since 2003 and BG have never rasied the number of points at any resort, I also know people who have been members a lot longer and they say the same, so your statement "5 days now only 3 days next year does not have a grain of truth in it and it is you that as made that assumption.

Yes BG sells points which you use to buy vacation time, these points relate directly to the size of the unit time of year etc and do not have a $ value please compare apples with apples and not apples with oranges.

Bluegreen owns most of the resorts in the club the ones they do not own yes u are right in that it is difficult to get in this is down to the fact that BG only own ltd inventory in these resorts and have been picked up as a side issue when they have bought out a timeshare property.

It is not impossible to make reservation as you state we have never had any problems at all.

please state which resort you say had an increase in the number of points required from one year to the next.

There is a lot that you do not understand on how the BGVC operates so please join the BG group on yahoo and you will learn how to get the best out of your points.

• Pa
      1st of Jul, 2008

wow!!! talk about someone that needs some help... i've been a bluegreen owner for 9 yrs. and this person talking about points giving less vacation time from 1 year to the next, needs to learn how to use their program... they need to call bluegreen and request an owner update. if most of us did'nt have training or education in our lives for our carears, we would not be able to do our jobs. any owner out there that says that they can't use their points and that bluegreen is a bad deal, needs some training. Please do yourself and your family a favor and learn how to use your Bluegreen ownership!!! our family has great vacations at beautiful 5 star resorts with our Bluegreen points. contact any Bluegreen vip owner service department ( at any of the resorts ) let them know that you need some help using your points and you don't know how to get your points booked. There are at least 6 or 7 ways to book your vacation... Get Help!!!

2nd of Nov, 2008

Or instead of contacting Bluegreen- you may want to contact your local ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE to file a formal complaint on this company.

They have been taking advantage of consumers for far too long with their failed promises and outright lies.

The ATTORNEY GENERAL in PENNSYLVANIA (my home state) Filed suit against Bluegreen (Oct. 14, 2008) for numerous violations.

HARRISBURG - Attorney General Tom Corbett today announced lawsuits today against four Florida-based companies accused of illegally marketing vacation packages, using "free" airline ticket offers and other worthless prizes to lure consumers into aggressive and deceptive timeshare presentations.

Corbett said consumer protection lawsuits were filed against Bluegreen Corporation, Bluegreen Resorts, Bluegreen Vacations Unlimited, Inc. and Great Vacations Destinations, Inc., all of Boca Raton, Florida. Bluegreen contacted consumers by phone and through kiosks at shopping malls, fairs, and festivals throughout Pennsylvania, and also operates full-time sales facilities in Hershey and King of Prussia.

"Virtually any consumer with a checkbook and a pulse allegedly qualified as a 'winner' in these promotions, " Corbett said. "Unsuspecting consumers who believed they were contest winners were actually drawn into a high pressure bait-and-switch campaign designed to push timeshare vacation packages costing thousands of dollars."

Corbett said more than 5, 700 Pennsylvania residents purchased Bluegreen timeshares, with many paying $20, 000 to $40, 000 or more for packages that violated Pennsylvania's Consumer Protection Law, the Real Estate Licensing and Registration Act, the Telemarketer Registration Act and other consumer regulations.

Phony Prizes
    Corbett said that Bluegreen representatives allegedly called consumers who believed they were entering contests and other promotions promising cars, cash and vacations.

According to the lawsuit, consumers were told that they had not won the "grand prize, " but had been selected to receive other items, like free airline tickets. Consumers were also promised free gasoline and meals when they collected their prize, if they attended a 90 minute timeshare presentation.

Corbett said the lawsuit alleges that consumers who were contacted by Bluegreen were not actually randomly selected prize winners. Instead, virtually everyone who entered the contests was contacted and falsely told that they were a prize winner.

In one case, Corbett said a consumer informed a Bluegreen representative that the person they were trying to reach did not live at that address. The consumer was told that it wasn't a problem - they would give her a prize too.

High Pressure Sales and False Advertising
    Corbett said that in order to collect their "prizes, " consumers were required to schedule an appointment with a Bluegreen sales representative. In some cases, consumers who believed they would be attending a 90 minute timeshare presentation were actually subjected to relentless marketing pitches that lasted five hours or more.

According to the lawsuit, numerous deceptive statements were made to consumers during these presentations in an effort to get them to sign contracts immediately, including phony claims that prices would increase the next day, misrepresentations about when and where consumers could travel if they made a purchase and false statements about certain fees being waived.

Corbett said that some consumers bought vacation programs because they were told they were entitled to a one-week stay in Hawaii, only to learn afterward that the program they purchased could not be used in Hawaii.

According to the lawsuit, consumers who sat through the timeshare presentations received "prizes" that were nothing like what they had been promised. The "four free airline tickets" were actually booklets that offered two airline tickets with each hotel room reserved, at high prices, in a limited number of cities. In some situations, consumers were required to commit to a 10 night stay at overpriced hotel rates before being able to select a local airport for their flight.

Corbett said "free" gasoline and meals that consumers were promised turned out to be coupons or certificates with lengthy terms and conditions. For instance, consumers who were promised $40 in free gas were required to submit written requests to obtain a series of gas coupons. The coupons required consumers to pay for their gas first and then mail a receipt for reimbursement, with each coupon limited to a $5 purchase, with no more than one purchase per month.

Illegal Contracts
    Corbett's said contracts used by Bluegreen failed to properly inform consumers of their right to cancel their purchase. Pennsylvania law requires that consumers have five days to cancel any timeshare or campground purchase. Bluegreen is also accused of violating a state law that requires all consumer contracts to be written in easy-to-understand terms.

Do Not Call Violations
    According to the lawsuit, Bluegreen made numerous calls to consumers who were on Pennsylvania's Do Not Call list, allegedly basing those calls on referrals from other customers. Additionally, the companies are accused of making repeated calls to consumers who clearly told them not to call again.

"Bluegreen took advantage of hardworking Pennsylvania residents eager to find an affordable getaway, " Corbett said. "Using deceptive contests, relentless sales presentations and misleading contracts, consumers were pressured into paying thousands of dollars for vacation packages that don't meet their needs or their budgets."

Corbett said the lawsuits seek restitution for consumers who suffered financial losses because of these deceptive or illegal practices.

Additionally, Corbett says the lawsuit asks the court to void all illegal consumer contracts and give consumers the right to cancel any agreement that did not include the state-required notice of cancellation.

The lawsuit also seeks up to $1, 000 in civil penalties for each violation of the Consumer Protection Law, or up to $3, 000 for each violation involving a senior citizen.

The lawsuits were filed in Commonwealth Court, in Harrisburg, by Senior Deputy Attorney General David Sumner of the Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection.

Corbett says the investigation began after consumers contacted his office to report these practices. He encouraged other consumers who have problems with Bluegreen to file a complaint by calling the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotline at 1-800-441-2555 or submit an online consumer complaint.

www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=3999 LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD-NOW!!!

The only people that need help are apparently the ones who bought into this mess!
    USE YOUR POINTS -NOW!! BLUEGREEN'S DAYS ARE NUMBERED!!

2nd of Nov, 2008

Tell me this, why won't ANY of the people who just LOVE Bluegreen so much comment on the above LAWSUIT??

My guess would be that there is no defending these scammers.

They will post how stupid everyone is for not knowing how to use the points or they will say that they should've read the contract more closely.

THIS IS PURE [censored] and YOU ALL KNOW IT!!

I think the ATTY. GENERAL in my state (Tom Corbett and his legal staff) might just be a tad smarter than all of you. Afterall- they are actually trying to help these consumers who have lost so much. YOU ARE NOT!!
    You are just critizing them. YOU are the ones that need help.
    I will be so thrilled when the tables are turned and Bluegreen goes BANKRUPT from ALL of the lawsuits against them. It's only a matter of time.

Like I said-BETTER USE THEM POINTS NOW-(those of you that actually know how!!)

• Bi

Hi Robin,

How you doing not seen you for long time.

What you up to you got any scams going

billy

3rd of Nov, 2008

Sorry to say billyboy, no I don't. Just trying to help out those people who've been scammed. Why don't you take the time to learn proper English and grammar? It would make even your idiotic posts sound more intelligent!

While I'm on here-would you like to comment on the lawsuit filed by the Atty. Gen.'s Office in my state?? (PA.)

No?? Didn't think so!

Afterall, every ### is entilted to their opinion, so let's hear yours-###!!

• De
      26th of Dec, 2008

My husband and I were lied to as well. We bought the sampler package in Branson, Mo. for 1000.00, We bought it on New Years Eve 2007, We wanted to use it to go to Aruba. When we were in our presentation, the salesman told us that if the resort was booked up that we wanted, "the good thing about bluegreen is that they will put you up in a top hotel nearby, at no charge to us, the salesman also give us his cell number and said we could call him the after next week, ( 3-day rule), The first time we were able to call was after feb. 1, so we could get in the system. I called on feb 4, and aruba was booked up until Jan 2009 our points expire 12-31-08, how lucky for them. So I mentioned about putting us up in a hotel nearby, they thought I was nuts. So i called the cell phone the salesman give me and much to my suprise he now works for RCI, said bluegree was a joke and hung up on me. We finally got in at gatlinburg, tn for late oct. we still have 5800 points left and can't use them, we have tryed several other resorts, no openings, heck, we were even willing to go back to branson, but sorry, nothing open until jan. We spoke with several owners on our tennesssee trip, they were owners of the big package, 20, 000, they said they had been to aruba twice this year and are going back in feb. said they get in with as little as 2 day notice. So i come to the conclusion that a sampler owner is garbage. We could have got our hotel for tenn. cheaper than our package cost.

4th of May, 2009

My husband and I are scheduled to attend the 90 to 120 minute presentation on Tues, May 12. After 120 min I plan on getting up and telling them "thank you, but no thank you" Will receive my (2) 25.00 gift cert to Bass Pro Shops. If I have ANY problems. I will have the number to attorney general's office and will call them RIGHT THERE.
    I have only been to one other "sale's pitch" which was in Hot Springs and that one lasted 90 min and I said nope nope nope.
    Do you think I will have any issues with these people? Should I be prepared for a battle?

• Re
      13th of Jul, 2010

I have been a bluegreen owner for several years. I have taken several nice vacations, however bluegreen does lie and it was one of the biggest mistakes i have ever made when i purchased bluegreen points. our first trip we upgraded by purchasing more points. we were supposed to be silver after t hat even on line we were listed as silver. then that all disapeared and now we are listed as vacation club owners. i have went to several owners meetings and i mention this when they try to get me to upgrade. they say i am mistaken. they act like my points are worth nothing because the are every other year. they tell me all the things that will be made available if i upgrade that are not available unless you upgrade. they told us in the beginning that if we ever wanted to sell that our timeshare would be more valuable, all lies. we pay maintenace fees for them to keep resorts in good shape, yet we are constantly incountering problems when we stay in them. doors that won`t lock, ceiling in bathroom caving in. dirty floors. the maintenace fees are a joke. if anyone knows how to get out of this mess please let me know . these valuable time shares are useless to resell. its a nightmare that bluegreen says i will have to pass on to my children when i die. as far as raising the points they haven`t but when they start a new resort they are always alot higher in points than the old ones.

• Ne
      16th of Oct, 2010

Dear Robin,

Thank you being a good fellow citizen and saving us trusting and unsuspecting souls from the shakles of bluegreen algae.

Great work! and best of luck suing the shirt of these thugs.