Bluegreen Corporation / unethical business practices

We filed the approporiate paper work for the Attorney General's office in Minnesota to start an investigation into bluegreen today, (I know of people that have done this in Minesota and they were able to help them get their money back)

After reading several complaints about this company, obviuosly we are not the only ones who fell prey to this scam. We all should ban together and take care of this once and for all. Everything that I read on SqueakyWheel.com has happened to me as well. I want my money back and I won't stop until I get it!!! They took me for over $10,000 and it won't be taken lightly.

I would like to include my name in any class action lawsuit- The Attorney General's office said they would take action immediatley and would get back to me within 7-10 business days.

Bluegreen lied to us on several occasions and has made no attempt to make it better-

Kevin & Kim Ball

A  3rd of Dec, 2006 by
Bluegreen is the single worst investment in my life. What they did to appease me (and keep from stealing my time), was allow me to use my points (the ones I already paid for) They suddenly, after some emails and posts found a room (that was a piece of garbage by the way) BIG DEAL!

NOTHING they promised me when I signed up is ever available. As far as I am concerned this is a complete fraud and the guys running it should be in jail. There are several others that are trying to get a class certified and pursue a civil class action lawsuit. I would be interested in joining that and I am trying to sell this, but it appears to be worthless - nobody wants it.

If we can get a class certified I will join it. All I want to do is give them back their their time (and stop paying for it), but even they don't want it. I hope they all rot in hell. I stayed at the Loge Ally Inn in Charleston SC for Thanksgiving week. The room was OK but was in disrepair. The window blew out and they fixed it by jamming shims. A false wall in the closet fell out and the towel rack in the bathroom was broken. I could have stayed at the Hampton Inn with better (and nicer) accommodation at half what this cost me (my points). A total waste of money. Let me know if anything develops on a class action, as I would be interested in joining it.

Have a happy holiday
Frank P Reilly
FLorham Park, NJ

A  27th of Dec, 2006 by
In Feburary of 2004 my husband and I purchased 8,000 biennial points from Mountain Loft of Gatlinburg, TN. The salesperson was just ecstatic about us being there and could not wait for us to buy into this wonderful vacation investment that she was so glad we were buying while we were young and could enjoy it. HA!! Trying getting a reservation somewhere for one weekend on 8,000 points. The next year you won't have a vacation. Bluegreen says "upgrade and buy more points". NO WAY!! I pay maintenance fees of $370/year, $122 club dues, AND $1,491 in yearly installments for ONE vacation a year. WHAT A RIP-OFF. Does Bluegreen care? Call them and tell them you want to sell it, and guess what? No one can help you. They refer you to a company that knows nothing about you or your purchase with Bluegreen after telling you when you buy it that it can be easily resold by Bluegreen. Nothing but lies. All Bluegreen Vacation Club will do is lie to you and trick you into buying into their scam. Then you spend the rest of you life paying for this not-so-dreamy vacation. I've paid thousands of dollars so far, for one weekend in a cramped, cheap studio, which was a far cry from the nice "models" that are shown at presentation. If you want to take a nice vacation, my advice is to rent a cabin or a nice suite at a hotel. Don't waste THOUSANDS of dollars on a vacation you can't even take! The salesperson told us that after we paid off our points we would vacation free for the rest of our lives..another lie. We will still pay maintenance fees and club dues for life..a whopping total of $492 a year. I hardly call that vacationing free. I never spent that much a year on lodging when I went on vacation before I bought into this scam. The salespersons trick you and lie to you to make you think this is the best thing you could do, but this has been the single worst investment I have made in my life!! At this point we would be willing to lose our money invested thus far, to be rid of our maintenance fees and club dues, but there is no way out, except by selling. No one is crazy enough to buy if from us after the trouble we have been through. I have contacted Bluegreen over and over, but no one can help me or I am told they are not in that department. Buyers, Beware.
A  11th of Feb, 2007 by
A place where my voice may be heard - because if you contact Bluegreen it is never heard. I have read many of the complaints and we are right there with everyone. Sad that we all say the same thing over and over - No rollover points they take them back - no availability on resorts - if you get one the shape of the place is deadly (in my case the porch was falling off) I have pictures to prove the bad condition of what we can get. Which is not what we are shown in the presentation Bull.We got suckered in ,in 2003 in Charleston SC and if I had the money to take a vacation I would go and stand all day at the places where they offer the free stuff just to come for a short presentation HAHAHA I would warn people to stay away buy your own ticket to a show because if you land in with those (Bluegreen) Sharks it will cost you dearly and you can never get out. You cant sell even though they say at the beginning you can because it is worth NOTHING.

If there is someone out here that has a suit going please let me know.I still have faith that there must be away to stop this company from getting rich off our money and not give the product they spoke of in the original presentation of the vacation club
A  12th of Feb, 2007 by
You can visit the website www.bluegreenlawsuit.com and speak with an attorney. I sent them an email and had a response the very next morning from a very nice attorney. I was thinking of going to work for these people was offered a job but now am declining with all these lawsuits going on. They have what looks like hundreds of lawsuits going against them right now.
A  20th of Feb, 2007 by
We also got roped into buying points from bluegreen, and yes what they show you on your tour is not what you get, we just got back from vacation at big cedar lodge in branson Missouri, while i was on the phone booking my reservations, i was also on line where they claimed to be cabins available, but on the phone they said no you would have to stay in a condo,so at our owner/update meeting i brought this up to them, and after about 30 minutes of lies they finally told us that they keep so many cabins open for cash paying customers, i feel the owners should have the option to get the cabins before outside people, of course when i complained, they said well if it would make you happy we would give ya a cabin, but you need to use more points, these people need to be stopped! If there is a way i could get my money back i would sure like to know.
A  13th of Mar, 2007 by
I have contacted an attorney to try to get me out of this bluegreen resort club. They tell you lies to bait you in and then you can NEVER get the vacation you want where you want when you want. But if you mention fraud, misrepresentation and attorney they give you a different number to call and then you get a part of what was promised to you.
A  23rd of Dec, 2007 by
How can this company stay in business??? I had some bluegreen rep. threaten me to buy property in Aruba. This company must be shut down!!! I didn't buy and feared my safety upon leaving the facility. Is this not an American based company? SHUT IT DOWN NOW!!
A  2nd of Feb, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
We bought into bluegreen because the salesman told us we could use our bonus days and go on cruises for $49.00 per cabin and we could take friends for $49.00 per cabin. They said we would have unlimited bonus days and we could take most of our vacations with bonus days. Our transportation for vacations would be 60%-75% off. We could use our 7,000 points at any time. We talked in detail about vacationing in Hawaii. The cruises, Hawaii and the transportation were our main reason for buying into bluegreen. A little over a month later we were contacted to come in for an orientation. We thought we were going to learn more about how to book and use our plan. We were told our plan was obsolete and they wanted another $9,000. We were informed that there was no way we could take cruises on bonus days , we didn't have enough points to vacation in Hawaii. And when I asked about the travel discount they said they did not own the airlines. Nothing but lies. We wrote to the corporate office didn't hearback so I called and didn't get satisfactory answers. It was like they didn't understand that we should get what they promised in their sales pitch. They sent me a copy ?? of a letter they supposidly sent before and I did not receive. It stated that item number 11 of the Owner Beneficiary Agreement (OBI) of the Owner Confirmation Interview Document (OCI) states that salespersons are not authorized to make oral representations, promises or offers that modify the OBA or OCI. In other words it does n0t matter what they say in their sales pitch, once you sign those papers your stuck. They are nothing but liars and con artists. According to Webster's dictionary this is called fraud. We signed up Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. We live in East Tennessee. If there is a lawsuit in this area we would like to be part of it. We are so disgusted with Bluegreen that we have not yet tried to use the plan.
A  14th of Feb, 2008 by
RE: Frank P Reilly
FLorham Park, NJ AND OTHERS who have been

Enter the Bass Pro Store. Look around and see a booth where "OPC'S" stop your flow of thought, pull you by the arm, con you, sqeeze you and pressure you to sign up for a SHOPPING SPREE, then take all your private information and tell you YOU MUST SIGN to Enter the Drawing.

First of all this is against the Law. The Federal Trade Commission MUST BE INFORMED as to these tactics.
Second, it is SEXUAL harrasment when a woman pulls or touches a man to con or intimadate him to SIGN UP TO ENTER. Third, the reason for this is to SELL A PHONEY MIS-REPRESENTED $49.00 "GET AWAY" PACKAGE for 3 days and 2 nights and 'YOU WILL STAY IN ONE OF THE MAJOR HOTELS ON THE STRIP" LIKE

Well, I was given Circus Circus. I complained and was given the Imperial Palace. I complained again and was told my only other choices were the Reviera or the Sahara. The others were "NOT AVAILABLE".

Upon further checking, I found that Blue Green Bass Pro's ONLY partners are the four standard 2-3 star old hotel casinos. And they KEPT MY MONEY, WOULD NOT RETURN IT.

There are others that I have learned were promised only 90 Minutes and it is "written NO HASSLE, NO PRESSURE, NO STRESS" Tour. However, when it comes time to be given the FREE (you pay $49.00) for two FREE GIFT CERTIFICATES to shop AFTER spending HOURS being PITCHED to sell their TIME SHARES, they don't want to give it to you because you want to leave without stress and in 90 minutes, ONE HOUR AND A HALF OF CONSTANT PRESSURE.

Please Print this on the Internet so those people who are wanting to visit Las Vegas and other cities where Bass Pro and Blue Green are building their resorts will NOT BE MADE A FOOL !

Anonymous Traveler
Branson Mo.
Las Vegas

*my email address is subject to change,but I will support a Class Action suit.
A  22nd of Feb, 2008 by
Nothing but lies that is what they are. Did anybody get a business card from any of these con artist???
A  25th of Feb, 2008 by
Letter filed with Attorney General of Ohio
"At issue is the way the program was presented to us. We were made well aware of the purchase price and annual membership dues, and these were obligations we were willing to accept. However, the assessment of maintenance fees and their magnitude, if it was mentioned, was marganilized and no dollar amount was assigned to it.

I realized upon receipt of the maintenance fee statment, this is a significant annual fee, apparently with no limitation. Had we been made aware of this potential costs, we would not have signed onto this plan. I realize that I have bought into this plan and there probably are not many options for redress. However, I feel obligated to make it known that I think their sales presentation was deceitful and the true costs associated with the plan were not honestly presented. This, along with other caveats not favorable to the client have prompted me to file this complaint. I don't know if our sales experience was unique, or if this is a deliberate plan to obfuscate the real cost of the vacation plan ."

I would be interested in becoming involved in some type of class action lawsuit or to make some financial recovery and disclose the unethical practices I perceive them to have committed.
A  13th of Mar, 2008 by
I don't know where to begin with my complaint about Bluegreen. Dealing with this "vacation" club has been torture. We bought our points in 2000. We've had problems finding availabilty at the more sought after resorts even in the off seasons. When we've managed to book a vacation we've never been able to get more than a studio. Essentially, we paid thousands of dollars for a hotel room. We've been overcharged every year and when we call to complain we end up getting charged late fees while they try to resolve the issue. I've never met a helpful emplpoyee beyond the thiefs who promised so many things to get us to buy! We were given cruise vouchers but never able to use them because the dates were unavailable. I truly hate this company. I would join a class action lawsuit against this awful company.
A  23rd of Mar, 2008 by
Not only can you NOT ever stay at any resorts, but in my situation they removed my name off of my resort"Paid" deeded 6000 pts and then put my propertyin default for lack of paying maintenance fees. I paid all of my fees but they were not being applied to my account. I have been trying to fix this for 2 years and I have been given the run around. No return phone calls, transferred from one person to another . I talked to their legal dept to no avail... Help what can I do ???
N  27th of Mar, 2008 by
I live in the Nashville, TN area but bought my membership in Charleston, S.C. I would love to know how to get a classaction lawsuit going for everybody that has been taken by these people.
A  23rd of Apr, 2008 by
My wife and I bought into Bluegreen's plan in the Fall of 2006. Since then, we have paid our monthly $144 dues on time. However, we were notified in the Spring of 2007 that we would be liable for an additional fee of nearly $400 for maintenance for the year. Not only that, but the maintenance fee that was supposed to be waived through 2006 was not waived and we were liable for that too. During the initial sales pitch to us, the Bluegreen representative DID NOT tell us that maintenance fees would be this much annually. I take full responsibility for not asking about the maintenance fee. But I also would gladly join in a class action suit for misrepresentation of maintenance fees at the time of the sales pitch. Unfortunately, it looks like my wife and I screwed up a major portion of our hard-earned dollars that could have otherwise gone to our sons' college fund. BUYERS BEWARE! Bluegreen Resorts is a LIFE SENTENCE OF FEES! If any attorney reading this has any advice on how we can legally get out of this contract, or join in a class action suit, please e-mail me at robertwinningham@yahoo.com
A  24th of Apr, 2008 by
I am sickened by the tactics of bluegreen. It's all the same, no units avail, ever. Pay your maintenance fees and other fees, or go to collection. It is a total ripoff, and nothing less than a class action suit will be acceptable. Living in the good ole USA, we should not be tolerating this, and these people need to be shut down, and our money returned. Please sign me up for any suits. Somehow, someway, this corporation needs to be shut down!!! leanne7229@yahoo.com. There is a website that is collecting signatures to start a class action suit. The phone number to add your name is (256) 571-0151. Web site is thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2007/APR/complaint12787.cfm. Let's all get in on this, and make them pay for a change. Please call and add yourself to the list.
D  25th of Apr, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
What a load of B******t you talk

And before you ask NO I dont live in the gold old USA but in a country where people know what they are buying into

Get real how can you buy a timeshare and not think the MF will increase are you that stupid.

I only wish that I was a lawyer over the pond ___ just think how many fantastic holidays I could have with all the easy money made from people like you.

Just use your Tax handout that your goverment is giving you and pay your fees ON TIME so that the rest of the BGVC owners do not have to waste money on people who defraud the rest of us by buying into the club but not paying there dues .

Just get real and Pay what you owe and once you have done that you may well just take a moment (and yes it only takes a moment ) to work out how to use the club instead of sitting on your A*se and moaning that someone has ripped you off.

You will be suprised how much enjoyment you can then have.
A  12th of Jul, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We AGREE!!! Last summer we were convinced what a great deal buying into Bluegreen would be for us, our retirement and then for our children later in life. We took our first trip to Aruba and what a horrible place. It was supposed to be 5 star was lucky to be 2 star. We have also found t hat every representative at Seveirville, TN lied and misrepresented themselves about this product. As someone who took an oath of office, I would expect this corporation to stand by their product but after reading the responses it does not appear hopeful unless some Attorney General or good civil attorney is willing to take this case.

We also would join in on a class action suit.
D  16th of Jul, 2008 by
Kathy and David

you are not very obseverent are you.
did you not read the information that was sent to you with your MF and special assesment . If you had then you would know that Lacabana in Aruba is undergoing a $25 million refit and for anyone else please check out the pics on there website www.lacabanabrc.com to see what the units will be like the first phase should be complete by Aug 5th.
Do you not get a copy of colourful places, do you not check out blugreenonline.com these show what the units are like and they are even better when you see them.
N  16th of Jul, 2008 by
Kathy and David

A couplk of points that I omited

Bluegreen do not own lacabana in Aruba they only have 22% of the inventory and they are managment consultants to the BOD.

Why would you expect it to be 5 stars when it only uses a small amount of points (I have stayed there twice the last time last July/Aug 2007 for 19 nights and only used just over 16000 points --- hardly a lot fo 19 nights accom is it

It is Interval International (the timeshare exchange company) that rates it 5 star

Once the refurb is finished then yes it will be more like a 5 star and then you will look on it as a bargin since the points value will not rise

You will have paid around $50 per weeks stay towards that refit thanks to Blugreen the rest of the owners have had to pay around $1000 per weeks stay

so who got the better deal

You say that you expect a corperation to stand by it product well take a trip to The Fountains in Orlando or any one of the 40 odd resorts and then report back to this board you may well find you have a different view on your membership

Bluegreen Vacations Logo Bluegreen Vacations