Blue Cross Blue Shield Association [BCBSA] / surgery needed and denied day before surgery

1 Illinois, United States

Hello,
I hope you can help me. I was scheduled for surgery on Wednesday November 7 th for a fusion of the L5S1. My vertebrae is collapsed on my right side and is pinching my nerve causing me excruciating pain, my life is reduced to laying on the couch and taking pain killers, opiates, gabapentin. I am only 52 years old, in good shape otherwise and I can barely walk anymore or sit or stand in any one position for any amount of time.
On November 6 th at 3 pm my spinal surgeon of 28 years had a peer to peer consult with an OBGYN dr! The OBGYN denied my surgery at the last minute. An OBGYN is not a spinal surgeon nor a correct peer to peer for a spinal surgeon.
I am ANGRY, and in a state of shock that BCBS would treat a patient who is in dire need, pain and taking opiates and pain killers and wants to get better and not risk my life to opiate addiction and deny me needed surgery for my crushed nerve! My physicians office has filed an expedited appeal and I am awaiting a better decision. If you care and if you are able to help, please HELP me!

Michelle L. Boylan