BlockShopper / Home address and purchase info displayed on my Goolge name search results page

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Hello -- my home address and purchase price details display as one of the first things on a Google search of my name. While I understand all home sales are a matter of public record, is it lawful for my personal info to be so easily revealed and accessible via Blockshopper? They claim it is and that unless I am removed from the county record itself, there is nothing I can do to hide this information from my Google search results. And with the internet I realize we have lost much of what was previously private simply b/c it was harder to obtain, but having this level of detail about myself so easily accessible to some looking for general info about me, seems like a breach of privacy. I understand if someone were specifically wanting that type of info, as well as things like marraige or divorce records, they could find it; but is it lawful for this type of info thru Blockshopper to be displayed about me without any consent from me? Would be curious based on other similar complaints.

Thanks!

Lb

Comments

• 4n
      8th of Dec, 2010

Um, yes, it's legal. It's a matter of public record...that's kind of what that means. The record is PUBLIC.

• Lb
      15th of Dec, 2010

Yes-- what I meant was, is it legal for someone to publish that record when you ask them not to.

• Gi
      31st of May, 2012

Blockshopper CFO is a gold digger, selfish son of a ###. Greedy, and hungry for money, don
    't care about the lives of people who need protection and privacy. Sick ###!

27th of Aug, 2012

What does Blockshopper even ###ing gain from publishing our information?? That's okay, because I am pissed royaly and I am initiating a class action lawsuit that is going to put these ###s out of business for life - any business. They'll be selling hot dogs out of a cart in Chicago downtown. Let the games begin!