Blackberry Q5 / Poor Service

1 1241 Barton Street, Hamilton, OntarioHamilton, Ontario, United States Review updated:

Good morning. I went to the Rogers Store after work yesterday. My cell phone was not holding a charge, I thought I could just purchase a battery. When I got there, there were 3 employees just sitting around chatting. I told them that I needed a battery for my phone. Without even asking me what kind of phone I had, they said they didn't sell batteries and that I should go to The Source. When I got to The Source the gentleman looked up the make and model of my phone and said that this particular phone did not accept new batteries. Back I go to The Rogers Store. I spoke with a young lady there, she wasn't very helpful. She said that they would sent my phone away for repairs. (I don't know how they could do a repair on a phone that doesn't accept new batteries.) I asked her if I could just get a new phone. Certainly she said but it would cost me $189.00 plus whatever the new phone cost. Just to clarify, I have only had this phone for 7 months. I asked her if they would replace it again and she said they only had 15 days warranty!!! Really only 15 days. I was also told that if they deemed that it was my problem (I had abused the phone) they would quote me a price and I would have to pay it. If I didn't do that I would have to pay $30.00 for the quotation. Now we get to the part where I am given a loner phone. The phone I was given is barley useable. (I use this phone for my business.) She couldn't get all of my contacts over, and she couldn't set up my e-mails. So, basically I was given a useless phone. I was told that all of my information on my old phone would be lost!!! Some very important e-mails and contact information in there.
Just as an aside, while I was 3 more people came in and all!!! of them had problems. My contract with Rogers is up in November 2016. At that time I will be taking my business elsewhere. I am just warning everyone, please do not use this Company!!!

Sc
Jun 2, 2015

Comments

• Ro
      3rd of Jun, 2015

Hi there,

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that has come of this. All of our phones come standard with a 1-year manufacturer warranty and phones with built in batteries are indeed covered under this warranty.

In this case, your repair will be free as long as the battery issue is not the result of physical or liquid damage. While the user may not be able to open the phone and install a replacement battery, a certified technician can.

If I could get you to private message us, I will gather some account info and be certain that this stores agents receive the necessary education they need to be knowledgeable of our warranty policy.

RogersCorey