Biggerbooks.com / Ittem not in condition described

1-5 United States Review updated:

I ordered a NEW book from them and received, after a pretty long shipping time, a clearly used book with a cracked DVD in a broken case. After several attempts to contact them I finally got a note that they would take a return. This is a college text book - if I wait for anotuer book to arrive from them the semester will be over. They are slow to ship and absolutely LIE about the quality/condition of their items. I hope someone finds this review before making the mistake of ordering from them!

Comments

• Ia
      29th of Jan, 2009
    BiggerBooks.com - Bad service
    BiggerBooks.com
    biggerbooks.com

Here's my story... I ordered a Messiah score which the website says is a 2004 copyright, and the shipping was listed as 2.98. The book I received was c.1992; the shipping magically increased 33% after they had my payment info; and the book arrived damaged. It had black smudges like soot all over the cover. I tried to contact them via email 3 times, and like everyone else, received no response. Do business with this site? You decide...

• Ad
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I order a textbook from them because they say that it is in stock and ready to ship, only to find out days later that they are still trying to locate a copy of the book. and now a week later, for the past 3 days I can't even get onto their internet site to check the status and see if the books are indeed on being shipped or if I need to cancel and look somewhere else. Sometimes the lowest price is not always the best option.

• Kl
      5th of Aug, 2014

I ordered an accounting book that I needed and it was listed that it came with the codes. When I received the book it had no codes. I was charged a $29 return fee which included a restocking fee. The fault was not mine but bigger books. BEWARE they have false advertising.

• Br
      14th of Aug, 2015

They cancelled my order last minute. I still have not received a refund, and now I don't have enough time to order another copy online. I have to buy it from my school's bookstore for $100 more. I am so mad.

• Ro
      20th of Jan, 2018

I ordered a textbook for my granddaughter and even paid extra for shipping (it qualified for free shipping) so that she would get it on time. I just received an email late last night that it is not available to ship and they would let me know when they get it in. Thia came on a Friday night after their hours and I cannot reach anyone until Monday morning. My granddaughter is leaving for college Tuesday. I felt like they pulled a hit and run. Suddenly send this bad news and make sure it is too late for me to talk to them. Awful. I don't know what we're going to do and can't do anything until Monday. Awful service. It is too late to get the book elsewhere. I see that people are saying they are not good with refunds. Something should be done about this service; people depend on receiving their textbooks in a timely manner and these people just don't care.

• Ti
      22nd of Aug, 2018

On 8/07/18 I placed an order with BiggerBooks.com (Order # 2586374). One of the books I ordered was “College Algebra, Books A La Carte Edition Plus MyLab Math with eText -- Access Card Package by Blitzer, Robert F. (ISBN ISBN 9780134765556).

Included in that package was supposed to be the following:
    • 0134469879 / 9780134469874 College Algebra, Books a la Carte Edition
    • 0134757920 / 9780134757926 MyLab Math with Pearson eText - Standalone Access Card - for College Algebra

I received the College Algebra book, but I DID NOT receive the Standalone Access Card!

I contacted the company and was told my only option was to send the book back in for a refund, as they did not have any other books available to send me. So, I am sending the book back to them and going to my local bookstore to pay more money for the book so that I can receive the access card that is supposed to come with it.

Meanwhile, I contacted SellYourBookBack.com, as they are the ones who mailed me the book with the missing access code. They informed me that BiggerBooks.com had purchased the book from Abebooks.com on 8/15, which is a used book marketplace that SellYourBookBack is a seller on. SellYourBookBack said they only sell used books. So, the fault is not with them, but with BiggerBooks.com for having someone send me a USED book when I paid for NEW!

The other 2 new books I ordered from them showed up within a reasonable timeframe and were the correct books, so I’m not sure why they sent me a used book! As a first time customer who already referred several people to their website, I am now concerned that this may happen again with any future orders. That being said, I will be very leery about purchasing new books from them in the future, and if I do refer people to their business, I will give the disclaimer that they may not want to purchase new books. It is not a gamble worth risking. I ordered the book from them the very day my daughter found out what book she needed for class, so this is not my fault for waiting last minute, as I did not.

Her class starts 5 days from today (Mon, 8/27), and I was supposed to leave on vacation today through Sunday. Now, instead of heading to the beach right after work, I will be heading to my local bookstore to purchase the book with the access code, as well as having to repackage and return the used book that was sent to me. To say I am both frustrated and disappointed in BiggerBooks.com's error is an understatement. :-(