Biggerbooks.com / Ittem not in condition described

I ordered a NEW book from them and received, after a pretty long shipping time, a clearly used book with a cracked DVD in a broken case. After several attempts to contact them I finally got a note that they would take a return. This is a college text book - if I wait for anotuer book to arrive from them the semester will be over. They are slow to ship and absolutely LIE about the quality/condition of their items. I hope someone finds this review before making the mistake of ordering from them!

More Biggerbooks.com Complaints & Reviews

Plus Biggerbooks.com - Worst return policy

N  29th of Jan, 2009 by

BiggerBooks.com - Bad service

Here's my story... I ordered a Messiah score which the website says is a 2004 copyright, and the shipping was listed as 2.98. The book I received was c.1992; the shipping magically increased 33% after they had my payment info; and the book arrived damaged. It had black smudges like soot all over the cover. I tried to contact them via email 3 times, and like everyone else, received no response. Do business with this site? You decide...
A  3rd of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I order a textbook from them because they say that it is in stock and ready to ship, only to find out days later that they are still trying to locate a copy of the book. and now a week later, for the past 3 days I can't even get onto their internet site to check the status and see if the books are indeed on being shipped or if I need to cancel and look somewhere else. Sometimes the lowest price is not always the best option.
N  5th of Aug, 2014 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I ordered an accounting book that I needed and it was listed that it came with the codes. When I received the book it had no codes. I was charged a $29 return fee which included a restocking fee. The fault was not mine but bigger books. BEWARE they have false advertising.
A  14th of Aug, 2015 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
They cancelled my order last minute. I still have not received a refund, and now I don't have enough time to order another copy online. I have to buy it from my school's bookstore for $100 more. I am so mad.
N  20th of Jan, 2018 by
I ordered a textbook for my granddaughter and even paid extra for shipping (it qualified for free shipping) so that she would get it on time. I just received an email late last night that it is not available to ship and they would let me know when they get it in. Thia came on a Friday night after their hours and I cannot reach anyone until Monday morning. My granddaughter is leaving for college Tuesday. I felt like they pulled a hit and run. Suddenly send this bad news and make sure it is too late for me to talk to them. Awful. I don't know what we're going to do and can't do anything until Monday. Awful service. It is too late to get the book elsewhere. I see that people are saying they are not good with refunds. Something should be done about this service; people depend on receiving their textbooks in a timely manner and these people just don't care.