Bigfishgames.com / Unauthorized billing

United States Review updated:
4.45

I wanted to purchased Bejewelled for my wife> I found bigfishgames.com Their site says purchase games for $9.99 to download or $19.99 to purchase. So I chose to download option and bought and down loaded the game

I bought the game and provided my credit card information that is attached to my bank account> What they didn't disclose is that there will be a recurring monthly charge of $9.99, if I would have known this, I would have never bought from them. There was no mention of minimum games to buy. Their user policy I reviewed before I bought did not say this.

I discovered this when my account became overdrawn two months in a row because they charge $9.99 to my account two months in a row. I caught this recently and I notified them and they refuse to give me a credit and have been extremely uncooperative.

I created a massive e-mail to every one I knew to steer clear of BigFishGames and telling everyone to pass this on. They make you believe you a purchasing only one game, and next thing you know, here comes undisclosed extra charges. I just want credit for the unauthorized charges.
Mi

Comments

Re
  28th of Jan, 2009
Just tried the same thing on me. At no point did I sign up for a 'monthly game subscription', and I'm not interested in getting charged every month when I haven't even logged into my account in that time.

Wrote up a quick Email as such:

"Hi there,

I recently discovered a charge from bigfishgames.com on my banking account for $AUS16.07 - upon reviewing my user account I see I've been accidentally charged for 'additional game club credits' for a cost of $US10 that was charged on the 24th of January

Given that I have not even logged in to the site since December this is a bit odd to say the least.

If this is by mistake then I'll obviously request a refund and continue happily shopping here

If this is one of those dodgy monthly charges then regretfully I ask to be refunded my money and I'll close my account.

Thanks in advance,

-J"

Googled this and came across this post, so it's disappointing if this is a trend, to say the least. We'll see what happens anyway.
Rs
  5th of Feb, 2009
Same here. I THOUGHT there were a lot of charges for games I DIDN'T buy, but looking at my past statements, I find I am being charged $9.99 each month.
I called their billing dept and was put on music hold for 15 min before I hung up. (Now I have a phone bill charge too)
I called the bank, and they suggested I cancle the card. What a hastle... But, I'll do it.
The lady at the bank said 'once people like this get your card #, there isn't much they can do about it.

DON'T BUY BIG FISH GAMES
De
  13th of Feb, 2009
Please note:

I received a gift certificate from a friend for the game "Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate". When entering it I negeted to put in the Coupon code "FREEFATE" so I was charged for the game. Please correct this and let me know.

Delores Williams
dwilliamscreek@gmail.com
Dy
  23rd of Sep, 2012

BigFishGames.com - FRAUD!!! Lifetime membership I never asked - monthly billing!
bigfishgames.com
Toronto
Ontario
Canada

I bought a game from bigfishgames.com a year ago. Since then I never visited this site.
Only today I fortuitously noticed from my credit card statements that I was charged for their membership every month!!! I didn't see any mentioning of purchasing monthly membership for $7 when I purchased a single game!
During the last year I paid almost $80!
I googled for this problem and saw A LOT OF PEOPLE being victims of that STEALING!
Today I reported about this fraud to my credit company and cancelled my credit card when I read they keep charging after cancelling membership.
STOP STEALING MONEY FROM PEOPLE!
Bu
  23rd of Sep, 2012
They have been charging this to your credit card for a year, but you only just noticed now? Do you not read your credit card statements every month? This could have been caught MUCH earlier if you paid more attention to your bills.
Kr
  30th of Nov, 2012
In bought mstery p.i. stolen in san francisco and it did no down load order #163916841
Re
  24th of Sep, 2015
I am filing a complaint as this company submitted a charge for a reoccurring subscription without my consent or knowledge.

Big Fish Games Logo Big Fish Games