Big Lots Stores / store in shelby, nc do not hire others of color

1 Shelby, NC, United States Review updated:

I applied to this store a couple months back when they were constantly telling the customer and putting on websites that they were hiring. When I called up there to check on my application, I was referred to the manager. When I talked to the manager, he had already seemed like he had an attitude and was trying to rush me off the phone. He asked me what my name was and wrote it down and checked my application. He then proceeded to tell me that the application was only out because they're trying to find their seasonal hires so they might get back to me if they feel like I was highly qualified. At the same time, I had one of my other friends fill out an application and call. She then proceeded to call the manager and he got her name and tried to schedule an interview with her (my friend was a Caucasian woman.) Now if that doesn't sound funny to you, every time I've been in there, there has never been African-American, Mexicans, Indian people, or any other ethnicity working in the Shelby place. I thought that business was about getting new people to come into the stores and fast, but useful employees with good attitudes. That is probably why this store doesn't get any business!!!

Je
Oct 4, 2018

Comments

4th of Oct, 2018

Clear case of discrimination.

• Ca
      4th of Oct, 2018

Your attitude is what didn't get you hired. You cant cry discrimination, and defame businesses, just because you didnt get a job. There is nothing in your post that says you have been discriminated against.

As far as your friend filling out an application:
    Maybe your friend has more qualifications. Maybe your friend is more professional. Maybe your friend just had a better attitude.