Bidz.com / Online Auctions / defective watch

My husband won a bid on a GREAT watch that I love. The problem is it is defective. We did not test it since it was a Christmas present. Be sure to check the return policy and test everything you buy from BIDZ. We took the watch to a jewelry store hoping that it was just the battery but we were not that lucky. It is a shame that the company will not stand behind their products.

We won four auctions. We really enjoyed the site until this happened. Beware and check everything you buy. They give you 15 days for returns and do not make exchanges for defective merchandise. The postage is on you too.

Va

Comments

18th of May, 2007

I am a regular Bidz customer. Yes, the return policy is two weeks as stated so you should always be careful to make sure you check out anything you purchase as a gift to make sure it works properly. Don't put it away until Christmas and assume all is okay. If you do find something wrong with the item within that return policy time frame, you can send it back. Bidz takes back defective jewelry and provides full refund plus your return shipping costs. It may be different in the case of watches because every watch I have purchased from Bids comes with a manufacturer warranty. I haven't had any problems with the watches but if I did, I would send them to the manufacturer. I've returned very few of the hundreds of things I have bought from Bidz; I have never had a problem with a return. You can even return something for no other reason than you don't like it but in such a case you will be charged a nominal restocking fee.

I think Bidz is just great and so is their customer service. I get terrific value for my dollar and resell items at a decent profit. Just remember to read all the details on items before you bid and be savvy about your maximum bid. Pictures are often magnified many times to show little details on items so you have to scroll down and read measurement info. Just remember that this is an auction so if you end up paying too much, it is your own fault and don't say Bidz ripped you off because they don't control the final selling price - the bidders do! Last, if you have to return something make sure you contact live chat and get an RMA number - no returns accepted without that. My remarks pertain to Bidz items. I can't speak about from good knowledge about all of their affiliates which are auctioned from separate pages within the Bidz site although I did get some great fine art deals from one of their affiliates.

• Xc
      16th of Dec, 2009

Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com here and on other sites are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents.

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

Complaints can be made to...

Culver City Police. www.culvercitypolice.com. They are located at 4040 Duquesne Avenue, Culver City, and their phone number is. (310) 837-1221
    The FBI, IC3. https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx
    Federal Trade Commission. http://www.ftc.gov/
    Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/us/
    Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/
    US Department of Commerce. http://www.commerce.gov
    And anyone else you might think of. I have!

Bidz directors email addresses are...

CEO / David Zinberg. david@bidz.com
    President / CTO / Leon Kuperman. lkuperman@bidz.com
    CFO / Lawrence Kong. lawrence@bidz.com
    COO / Claudia Liu. claudia@bidz.com
    CCO / Larry Russell. larry@bidz.com
    Vice President / Executive Secretary / Marina Zinberg. marina@bidz.com
    Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. vilius@bidz.com
    Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

Cheers,
    And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

• Bi
      20th of Jun, 2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback regarding your purchases and your experience at Bidz.com. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback and suggestions seriously. You may always contact us directly for any assistance by phone, email or bold chat. We have revised and updated our policies to improve and provide 100% satisfaction to our customers. We stand by our merchandise 100%. In case you receive a defective item or an item not as described, you may return for a full refund. We do apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had at Bidz.com. We hope you will take the time to visit our site again to allow us to provide you with excellent service.