Bidz.com / quality of merchandise; their return policy wioth 15%; ad the face that they are selling items which are not what they say they are

1 3562 eastham dr.,Culver City, CA, United States Review updated:

brought five items on auction at Bidz.com and received them about a week later. the items in question were of extremely low quality and not as described. All the mrechandise was garbadge pure and simple. when we call bidz.com and told them we wantede our money back we were told we would have to pay a 15% return shelving fee.

whay hasn't anyone gone to the consumer fraud people or the attorney generals office in the state they live in? Has ayoe thought of a class action suit???

Mi

Comments

• Bi
      4th of Nov, 2008

Dear Customer,

We would like to begin by apologizing for any inconveniences this may have caused.

All of our items are 100% guaranteed to be as described. If they are not as we described them, you then receive a refund in full. When the item is inspected and it meets the information we disclosed during the auction, the item is then determined to be as described. If you by any means you are not satisfied with the item you may return it but you may be subject to a 15% restocking fee. This is all determined upon inspection of the item(s).

Please feel free to contact us with any questions and or concerns.

Bidz.com

• Gi
      4th of Nov, 2008

I have been buying items from bidz for over two years now. I have spent well over 3000.00 I have always been delighted with everything I purchased. I took a gold watch to Zales for appraisal and they were shocked that I had picked up a $6, 000.00 solid gold watch with swiss works for only 600.00 I will quote the sales guy at zales "I could take a hammer to this and sell it for 600.00 how am I going to sta in business with these kinds of guys out there????!" I got a huge ruby ring with diamonds for $300.00 and I had to stop wearing it as so many people stopped me on the street to ask me where I got it! all that attention was getting on my nerves! my advice to new buyers with any online company is to start low and go slow until you think you really know!

• Sk
      15th of Mar, 2009

They spam craigslist using auction.ult5.com and jewelrybidsite.com. They violate craigslist's terms of use forbidding listings of online auctions.

• Ke
      12th of May, 2009

I've bought many items from Bidz.com and have referred friends to their sight as well. My daughter buys from them and has for a couple of years. As anyone should know, research what you are bidding on. Go online and find something similar in local stores and compare the price and quality. Then look at the place it is coming from, if it's in another country prepare yourself for extra charges through customs, as this is a possibility. Look at the shipping cost, is it worth it to you compared to buying the same thing locally and paying taxes and your gas to get to that store? And always, if you aren't sure, don't bid. I think most of the people who have a problem with this company just jump in and bid because something looks pretty or they just want it and really don't read the information about the item until they win it, pay for it and receive it, then they really see what they should have read before bidding.

• Xc
      15th of Dec, 2009

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

Complaints can be made to...

The Los Angeles Police Department. contact@lapdonline.org
    The FBI, IC3. https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx
    Federal Trade Commission. http://www.ftc.gov/
    Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/us/
    Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/
    US Department of Commerce. http://www.commerce.gov
    And anyone else you might think of. I have!

Bidz directors email addresses are...

CEO / David Zinberg. david@bidz.com
    President / CTO / Leon Kuperman. lkuperman@bidz.com
    CFO / Lawrence Kong. lawrence@bidz.com
    COO / Claudia Liu. claudia@bidz.com
    CCO / Larry Russell. larry@bidz.com
    Vice President / Executive Secretary / Marina Zinberg. marina@bidz.com
    Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. vilius@bidz.com
    Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

Cheers,
    And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.