Beyond The Rack / fradulent/poor customer service

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Ordered three items from Beyond the Rack (from the same line) on May 2nd. Received a confirmation of purchase email that stated it would take 2-3 weeks to receive my items. I did not realize this when I placed my order, but of course this long shipping time is not something they openly advertise. I decided to wait it out and hope the items actually shipped sooner. I received a tracking number email 1 week after I ordered on May 9th stating one of my items was shipping and that not all items form the same line/sale will arrive at the same time. I received my item, by mail, over a week later on May 16th. In the mean time I had received another email stating the other two items I ordered were still pending. I was unable to find an email address on their website to contact customer service so I called. That was a big mistake. I was just taken around in circles and never got an actual human. I found their Facebook page and attempted to gain an email address through there. I was given facebook@beyondtherack.com. So I dropped an email there noting my complaints about the long shipping times and inquiring about when my other items would ship, if ever. That email came back returned/undeliverable. Awesome. Tried contacting on Facebook again. My post was deleted and I was never responded to. I noticed a lot of complaint post on their page and one by one they were removed. Funny how they don't want potential customers to know what kind of scam they are running. After googling I was finally able to find a valid email address to complain to. After two days I finally received an email back from a very rude customer service rep. She stated their policy was 2-3 weeks shipping and that I'd receive the rest of my items by June 3rd. A month after I ordered them. I waited a few days and still did not receive a tracking number. By today, May 23, if they did not ship out, I certainly would not have them by June 3 since the first item took so long in shipping transit. I emailed back the customer service rep. demanding to know where my items are. She said they were in their warehouse and that she was repeating what she said before that they'd arrive by June 3. She was again terribly rude. I'm betting they will not arrive nor will I receive a tracking number. If by June 3rd the other two items are not at my door I will be filing a complaint with the Canadian BBB and contacting my bank. DO NOT BUY FROM BEYOND THE RACK! SCAM!

Comments

• Jl
      22nd of Jul, 2011

Hi. I have purchased over a dozen items from beyond the rack. The shipping times are always exceptionally long, I have waited over 8 weeks to receive items in the past, but in the end they have always arrived in perfect condition. I have returned a few items (because of fit, not quality) and was given a credit for the items. If you read their information they tell you that shipping generally takes 6 weeks and that they do not offer cash refunds. If you have a problem with either of these, then I would not recommend that you use BTR. However, I have never had a problem, and have even referred friends to the site (for which you get a $10 credit for each person that purchases something). Keep in mind that they ship from Montreal, Canada, so if you are in the US you could probably expect even longer shipping times (I am in Ontario). Hope this helps.

• Po
      13th of Oct, 2011

Im dying to know what happened after, please? I just ordered from them, and Im terribly scared after reeding all the bad reviews that im not gonna get my item. But please continue your story.

• Br
      29th of Aug, 2012

Waited so long for my stuff to arrive that I did not even want it anymore. Seriously, for a company that is "international" and been in business for a while now, they are not doing a good job. I received my items almost a month after I bought them, I almost forgot I even bought them. With so many other online companies that offers a better service, better delivery and better products, I will not be buying from beyond the rack anymore. First and last time.

• Je
      28th of Jul, 2015

I have again made the mistake of purchasing from BEYOND THE RACK (Canada)! The order said it would ship between July 9 & 16 - on July 27th it still hadn't shipped so I decided to contact them as I was instructed on the site. You see, I hesitate to contact them when there's a delay in shipping because the last time I asked them for an update on an item I ordered that was late shipping, they cancelled my order. Needless to say i venture forth and ask the question. My response came the evening of July 27th when they told me the supplier was unable to fill the order thus resulting in BEYOND THE RACK again cancelling my order and crediting back my method of payment. There was no compensation from them for this inconvenience, as quoted by their Customer Service area, "Situations such as these are rare and we will make every effort to rectify the situation for future orders".

When I logged in the next morning, July 28th, low and behold the item that was unavailable to me on July 27th was back up for sale on July 28th, how does that work? They still haven't credited my method of payment but they are willing to take a second payment from some unsuspecting shopper for the same item.

I emailed BEYOND THE RACK to explain to me why the item wasn't available to send to me but the next day was up on the site available? I sympathize with the next poor shopper that is taken in and willing to part with $300 bucks for 4 or more weeks only to be disappointed. At time of post I still haven't heard back from BEYOND THE RACK... I guess their busy reselling items...