Best Buy Geek Squad / geek squad had screwed up my computer!

I brought my computer in to the Best Buy located in Goodyear, AZ for a simple (I thought) problem. Somehow the system font had been replaced with a 'wingdings' font.

A ticket was written up to take care of that problem, to clean the computer and move the system to another drive (I had two hard drives). Everything was great with the tech I originally talked with and I understood what was going to happen.

When I went to pick my computer up, there was nothing left on it except a bare drive, one of the hard drives couldn't be recognized and, when I got it home, I found I didn't have any sound.

I was told by the tech that did the "repair" that "well, it's done now and there's nothing else we can do." When I told that to the Store Manager on duty he said he would investigate. Their policy is that they aren't responsible for data loss.

There was no way I could prove my second hard drive wasn't out of order before I took it there. They did a data recovery on both drives which was worthless and only provided shortcuts to nothing.

When I went back about the sound board, the same manager told me to bring my computer in and they would take a look at it.

I decided that the amount of money I had been charged for everything the "GEEK SQUAD" had screwed up already, especially all the time and the irreplaceble things things they had lost for me I'd be better off replacing the sound card myself.

Va

Comments

Ga
  5th of Dec, 2007

who are these people god? they took my money again. They keep putting my bank in od. they owe me 134.80 . I want my damn money back. I will be contacting an attorney and the attorney general of the us.

Al
  11th of Oct, 2008

Ok well i am acomputer geek fixing a comp for a friend ad hemotherboad went out 2 weeks after sh took it to geek squad(HATE them) an sowe went to th store today to buy a new mobo i get ome to put it in and researched the modl number and it said it was am2 wel i get in there and geek squad had switched out the mobo to a ocket 939 adthat reminded my that whn she rought it over the warrety seal was broken and she had just gone to get syware cleaningdone s the mass up yourcomp bad do not use them

Al
  11th of Oct, 2008

sorryin tping on a bad keyboard

Be
  15th of Apr, 2009

My God, use a spell checker before posting this. No one would believe this story, but thanks for wasting MY time reading up on Best Buy complaints. Another hour's pay hunting for dirt on my employer of choice :)

8th of Apr, 2010

I would like to say thanks to all of the people for thier complaints they have helped me to decide not to call geek squad to repair my broken comps