Best Buy Geek Squad / geek squad had screwed up my computer!
I brought my computer in to the Best Buy located in Goodyear, AZ for a simple (I thought) problem. Somehow the system font had been replaced with a 'wingdings' font.
A ticket was written up to take care of that problem, to clean the computer and move the system to another drive (I had two hard drives). Everything was great with the tech I originally talked with and I understood what was going to happen.
When I went to pick my computer up, there was nothing left on it except a bare drive, one of the hard drives couldn't be recognized and, when I got it home, I found I didn't have any sound.
I was told by the tech that did the "repair" that "well, it's done now and there's nothing else we can do." When I told that to the Store Manager on duty he said he would investigate. Their policy is that they aren't responsible for data loss.
There was no way I could prove my second hard drive wasn't out of order before I took it there. They did a data recovery on both drives which was worthless and only provided shortcuts to nothing.
When I went back about the sound board, the same manager told me to bring my computer in and they would take a look at it.
I decided that the amount of money I had been charged for everything the "GEEK SQUAD" had screwed up already, especially all the time and the irreplaceble things things they had lost for me I'd be better off replacing the sound card myself.
More Best Buy Geek Squad Complaints & Reviews
- Geek Squad - geek squad - is a total rip off! 
- Geek Squad - phone insurance 
- Best Buy/geek Squad - tv repair took forever 
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - laptop repair 
- Best Buy Geek Squad - the geek squad really sucks! 
- Geek Squad - online support 
- Geek Squad - laptop repair
- Geek Squad - samsung galaxy s8
- Geek Squad - geek squad dropped my computer broken beyond repair 
- Geek Squad - careless/reckless driver