Best Buy - Extended Repair Plan / poor appliance repair time

Anyone considering purchasing Best Buy's "extended repair" plans on an appliance - BEWARE! You will likely be without the use of your appliance 2-3 weeks. this has been my experience twice. It takes usually a week to have a "repair specialist" come and look at the item needing repair. From that, parts are ordered. They will not even schedule the followup repair UNTIL the parts are in. When the parts are in, they will schedule the repair. They will claim about 2 days from the date the parts are in. I have been without a working washing machine (talk about inconvenience!) since 12/18/07. It is now 1/2/08 and I am told that they expect the parts to be in 1/5/08, but will not schedule repair until all parts are in. On 1/8/08, it will be 3 weeks with no washer. Try that for convenience not to mention the money you spend going to the laundromat doing your laundry! For the $150 we spent on the extended warranty, we would be better off calling our local appliance repair and I can bet (based on previous experience) we would have had it fixed within a few days. Save yourself the time and hassle - just pay for a repair when it happens!!! Also - expect to wait on the phone for an extended period of time before getting to speak to someone. First time I called was in excess of 15 minutes - and that was in late evening. I am very dissatisfied with the experiences I have had when I have had to be without my washer or dryer. Also - that says a lot about Whirlpool's quality - repairs on appliances (both washer and dryer) and they are less than 5 years old.

Va

Comments

Je
  16th of Jan, 2008

The same for me... I waited over a week before the part arrived. Tried to schedule and they will only schedule a day (not time) for repair. I have to take off work the the ENTIRE DAY???

Md
  30th of Jan, 2008

Same experiences, I am going to print a letter to the store manager of my local Best Buy about my ridiculous ongoing battle to get them to fix my 3 yr old HDTV. The original complaint was relatively minor (transparent gray bars moving around and coming and going...) So far, it has been about six calls, two visits with two different technicians, six weeks of time, and now my TV will not even turn on after they replaced the main board with what was apparently a badly rebuilt one. This is with a valid 4 yr service agreement. I think I will never get it fixed satisfactorily, especially since I have to take my own time off work (whole days) to fit around THEIR schedule. (Why do they care more about their employees than they do about their customers???)

If you ask me, Best Buy only loves you until the sale is made. Then, you're on your own.

Je
  20th of Apr, 2008

It's called good business to not schedule the repair until the parts are in. Best Buy is not a repair store, they do not keep every part of every device on hand; the parts are ordered from the manufacturer. If the technician scheduled the repair for a week later and the part was not yet in from the washer's manufacturer then you would be on here ### about Best Buy not keeping their appointment. What you explained was a reasonable amount of time for a RETAIL STORE to order a specific part and get your machine fixed. You need to take a deep breath and think the situation through before you start posting complaint on the internet. If only these employees could do the same about you.

Al
  23rd of Nov, 2010

I totally agree with the customers that purchased the extended warranty only to be inconvenenced. I am currently experencing the same problem with BEST BUY and it would have been better for me to turn this into the company direct than deal with BEST BUY. I have also been without my washer for weeks now for a part that should have been taken care of within a week. I made a phone call to the manufacture that offered to get me service taken care of sooner... so what is the problem BEST BUY?? they seem to be so busy and the techs are booked out for days... maybe they need to hire more people to handle the service for their customers! and lets not mention the amount of money we have spent doing our laudry elsewhere! If they can't provide the proper service for the amount they charge for their extended warranty then maybe they need to get out of that business and concentrate on sales only. I would have been much better off saving the $300 I spent on the warranty and just called my home warranty and within 48 hours someone would have been at my house.