Bergdorf Goodman / return processing

1 New York, NY, United States

On 9/1/2018 I sent back a pair of pants, that I bought on line.I contacted them before that.I paid for return shipping.
I was told that the refund will take up to 10days.
After 10 days I followed up.No gift card was received. The customer service stated that gift card was mailed to me, address confirmed, on 9/11/2018. I never received it, so asked to cancel it while speaking with so called supervisor.She said that my refund will be sent via Pay Pal and should be received up to 8 business days. I asked specifically for a customer service transaction ID # requesting that payment to my Pay Pal.No number was ever sent to me ...i called 3-4 more times, every time a different rep was apologizing for miscommunication!!!...ridiculous, as this confusion is caused by their always changing rules, and policies.
I contacted Pay Pal as per Bergdof's suggestion to trace this payment. pay Pal had no trace of any paymnet on hold for me from Berdorf ...
I called Bergdorf again 10/1/2018 and was told a third version of my refund...a check will be issued to me and mailed, so we are at point zero, just like the gift card form the beginning of September, was mailed and never made it to my, confirmed address...now I have to wait, so that are off the hook for a while, and after 5-10 days when i call, there will be mote apologies, and promises of refund in a different form .his kind of behavior not only makes me discontinue any ties with Bergdof Goodman, but also i feel obligated to warn other people of this poor practice. It will go on BBB and Yelp for now.

Ha