Bell Mobility / not honouring contract - to affliliate
In August of 07 our family was transferred from Saskatoon to Calgary. We had one cell phone 3-yr contract with Sask Tel Mobility at the time. It was no trouble to cancel the contract as long as we transferred to an affiliate - which in this case was Bell Mobility.
So we did, but not only did we transfer, we added 3 more phones for a total of 4 and signed-on for another 3 yr contract.
At the time, and apparently up until about July 08 - (not sure because to my knowledge I had received no notice of any change in that regard), Bell reciprocated the same affiliation with Sask Tel.
In late August of 08 our family was unexpectedly transferred back to Saskatoon from Calgary. When we enquired and attempted to change plans, after many confused conversations both on my part and that of Bell Client Service staff; we were finally told that Sask Tel was no longer an affiliate of Bell Mobility. And thus we would be required to pay a cancellation charge of $800 per phone. When I pursued the issue, after several explanations and attempts to understand- through various levels of staff, I was told that they would (so honourably) reduce that charge to half. And to add insult to injury, I was told that I could not cancel, as of that time, I had to give 30 days notice, essentially meaning I had to pay yet another month's fee. Is it just my naivety or does this translate into a serious lack of integrity on the part of a well known and established company?
More Bell Mobility Complaints & Reviews
- Bell Canada / Asurion - unfair business practice and poor customer service 
- Bell Canada - collection agency
- Bell Canada - constant billing errors 
- Bell Canada - over billing 
- Bell Canada - harassment customer service 
- Bell Canada - team stole my old modem after installing bell's
- Bell Canada - bell home service
- Bell Canada - one bill for internet, satellite and telephone service.
- Bell Canada - bell mobility
- Bell Canada - bell fibe