Bell Canada / being sent to collections for money I dont owe!

1 Dunnville, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I am still being harrassed by collections companies from Bell Canada for Wireless accounts that I closed in 2007. They are saying that I owe them $1, 177.41 for a cell phone that I didn't have in 2008, infact I've had a pay as you go phone with another company since Feb. 2007 since being railroaded by Bell for another account. The other account which caused me to become very enraged with Bell had me paying for an account which they set up for me without my knowledge! I had switched to another(definately more reliable and trustworthy than Bell) company for my home phone, internet and cable. I only found out that that they had given me a new account when, a month later they had sent me a bill! It took several stress filled hours to explain to these blockheads that I didn't authorize this account and that, NO, I didn't want anything to do with their company then or in the future. I REFUSE TO PAY FOR ANY SERVICE THAT I DID NOT USE. It really proves the old saying correct, "Let the buyer beware" because once you're in Bells clutches, they can do whatever they please because they are a big company and the little guy or gal in my instance will be stepped on or charged up the wazoo whenever Bell sets you in their sites!

Comments

• Ca
      2nd of Aug, 2010

Wow I can´t believe this.
    I want to take legal action them. I had a contract with them that ended in July 2009. At the end of April...2010, I asked them to review my plan since other companies were being far more competitive. They said I had a great plan apparently and therefore couldn´t give me anything better. They would have rathered I cancel my contract than to give me a discount on my plan.

So I did, in April and switched to Fido. I was also leaving the country for a few months, which Bell was aware of. My bills were up to date and paid off. It was brought to my attention recently that they have continued to mail bills to my home all the way up to June 22nd. (Who knows maybe there´s a July one on its way too). And they´ve charged me an extra month (which I was aware may happen and paid for) but are claiming that I had an unpaid balance of 97$ (I do my banking online and therefore have proof of payments every month) AND they´ve also slapped me with a 100$ Termination liability charge!!! And apparently, they´ve sent this to collections and now there´s a collections agency that has called my h ouse several times for money that I do not owe! Not to mention how much this destroys your credit rating.

Are they f?°!ing serious?!? I want to take legal action against this bully of a company. I don´t know why anyone would sign up with Bell after all this bad media. They have no sense of customer service, they blatantly rip their customers off and steal their money, and they know it. They simply don´t give a rat´s a§§. They constantly have lawsuits and people pursuing them and they still don´t learn. They have a bunch of lawyers, and the amount of people that actually take any action are so minimal so its worth it for them to keep ripping us off at every chance they get. Don´t let them get away with it.