Beds.co.uk

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 by

shocking service and terrible product

Walsall, England, West Midlands, United Kingdom
beds.co.uk
16th August -ongoing
Client reference: Smith SW19 1NY

I purchased a bed and mattress from Beds.co.uk on the 16th of August.

I chose the 26th of August as my delivery date as I was moving in that day. I received a phone call at around 17:30 on the 25th saying that they did not have the bed was damaged and that the soonest I would receive my order was Wednesday the 30th. The person on the phone spoke incredibly fast and I tried to explain that I was moving in and didn't have a bed at all now, he carried on and said that was the best they could do.

Although annoyed, I accepted this. I did, however, ask if the mattress could be delivered so that I would have something to sleep on. After multiple attempts to call someone at Beds.co.uk, they informed me that the mattress could not be delivered because their vans were not coming to my area.

I agreed to have the mattress delivered on Thursday the 31st (it was the only day I could get off work). I was informed that my delivery time slot would be from 7:30am to 10am.

On the afternoon of the 30th I received a call saying that I would not be receiving my delivery the next day because the item was out of stock. I really didn't understand how they could confirm a delivery slot while knowing that they did not have stock of my item.

At this point I was offered 10 pounds for the inconvenience and to change the bed order so that I would be able to receive delivery sooner. I agreed to this and gave them a list of the beds that I would consider taking.

I tried to call with these options several times, however, no one ever answered.
I agreed to taking a different bed and asked whether they needed my bank account details for the 10pound reimbursement.
At this time I was told via email to call the sales team and discuss this with them. There was no acknowledgement of the reimbursement or whether the other option in bed was available to me.

I tried to call the sales team and after waiting on the phone for 20 minutes I had to leave the queue to continue work.

I emailed over a list of all the other beds that I would consider taking. They informed me that I could choose any bed and that they would cover the difference.
I chose a bed and only later saw that the measurements were not correct. I tried to email but no one got back to me, I therefore tried to call again. I waited for 30 minutes before someone answered. The lady found the email chain and I told her how the new bed I chose was too big. We spoke about other options when she notified me that I could choose a more expensive bed but that I would pay the difference, not the company.

I chose a bed that cost 10 pounds more then the one I originally chose, a difference which they did honour.

The delivery date was set to Tuesday the 5th. I had to email and ask for confirmation of this on the Monday, which was confirmed.

I received the delivery on Tuesday and once putting it together and getting to the part where the slats are inserted and screwed in place I noticed that they sent me the wrong part and that the bed measurement at the top was 123cm and at the bottom was 130cm. I emailed them today to ask for them to send the correct part to me as soon as possible. I also tried to call numerous times and did not get through.

In the mean time I have unpacked the mattress and slept on that last night. I ordered a "memory foam/sprung mattress" and there is absolutely no memory foam. Meaning that the mattress is incorrect as well. It is also incredibly uncomfortable and feels as though a spring is going to pop out at any moment.

I ask that I receive a full refund. I have incurred additional costs such as blow up mattress for the time I had no bed (10 pounds), salary deduction from taking a day off (100 pounds). The inconvenience and uncomfortable nature of sleeping on the floor (I'm not too sure how much that would equate to but I hope it will be taken into consideration).

I would like a refund so that I can afford to buy a bed elsewhere or the funds to fix this current base and buy a new mattress with memory foam.

Robyn Smith

Beds.co.ukBeds.co.ukBeds.co.ukBeds.co.ukBeds.co.ukBeds.co.ukBeds.co.ukBeds.co.ukBeds.co.ukBeds.co.ukBeds.co.uk

Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Mattresses

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree