Bear411.com / stay away from these guys

United States Review updated:

I attempted to re-join this site. I had a membership under a prior username and deleted it some years ago. I then received an e-mail enjoining me to go to GayDaddy.com (which is Bear411's way of saying you've been rejected for Bear411.) If you Google "Bear411 issues" there are quite a number of blogs and forums regarding the issues people have had with the owner of this site, with apparently arbitrary discriminatory policies regarding who gets to join or not join, and people having their profiles deleted without warning.

The owner according to the complaints is notorious for censoring e-mails, messages and chat sessions if there are any URL's posted regarding any other websites, particularly Bear-related sites.

Comments

6th of Aug, 2012

Hey there,

I'm not sure if you ever got your issue resolved or have decided to simply move on but I just wanted to let you know that I had the same issue last year. I still had time within my paid up membership and had decided to change my handle by deleting my old profile BEFORE getting my new one approved. Well, like you, I was rejected and referred to another site but I wasn't satisfied with that response so, after three emails to the owner, with my "Priority Access" code included in the last one, he finally went in and granted the request. You are right in that there is certainly discrimination which makes no sense to me because each "applicant" could end up being revenue for him. *shrugs*

I hope you found something instead that is good for you.

Cheers,

Cary

• Sc
      18th of Jul, 2016

Has anyone considered a class action lawsuit against bear411 and its owner? I've been trying to get my profile deleted with no luck. Scubabearusa

16th of Feb, 2019

Bear411 is a has been site! It was OK when there were no other sites but now you have a lot of better choices that suit your life better... bye bye to bear411

• Ba
      7th of Apr, 2019

I think the owner of this site works out of his mothers basement somewhere...I have tried to quit. I deleted my profile and I can no longer log in (I tried only once) and I am afraid to log in in case they assume I'm a paying member again.
    It has been three months and they continue to charge my credit card. There is NO ONE to actually talk to there to rectify the problem.
    If it doesn't say 'you can quit at any time and not be charged' I will never join any group. I never did meet anyone on bear411 anyway...I still get emails with pictures of some I'd like to meet but not going through that again.
    I joined Silverdaddies and stopped...no problem. (I might join them again)
    Hopefully my credit card company can put a stop to the charges.
    Beware of Bear411