Beachbodybusiness practices

He Santa Monica, CA Review updated:

As an insider who works for beachbody, I can reveal a few choice details about the company and its business practices. First beachbody is a subsidiary of a corporation named Product Partners LLC that is headquartered in Santa Monica. It was started in 1999 by Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon. They primarily use infommercials to market their exercise products like P90X, Insanity, Turbo Fire, etc. When consumers call in they are routed to one of three call centers in India, Costa Rica, or the Koreatown area of Los Angeles.

While the exercise programs are useful, they only function as a lead-in to other products of dubious value. What Product Partners wants more than anything to is to sign people up to get regularly billed for their nutritional supplements like Shakeology ($120 monthly), Acti-vit ($25 monthly), or the teambeachbody club ($38.97 quarterly). Many times consumers don't know that they're being billed until months down the road, which is exactly what Product Partners wants. If a credit card cannot be charged on the first try, they will run it 15 times over the course of a month to extract the funds for these excess goods and services.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Santa Monica, CAWhen a consumer calls in to complain, they may be told that they can only have one or two payments credited back to them but this is totally false.
Listen carefully, as there are three things that Beachbody absolutely does not want a consumer to do:
1.) Lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. For the first several years of the company, Product Partners had an awful BBB rating. They've managed to improve that to an A- and are diligent about not having
it drop to previous levels. If you call beachbody customer service and tell them that unless they remove the charges for items that you never ordered you'll the contact the BBB, they should be very responsive to you. I recommend getting your charges reversed and lodging a complaint anyway to provide a better climate for all consumers who deserve fairness in the marketplace.
2.) Lodge a complaint with your state Attorney General's office. Product Partners does not want to get involved with any state or federal inquiries, so mentioned your state Attorney General should definitely ### their ears.
3.) They do not want any issue to escalate to the corporate office in Santa Monica [protected]) and particularly seek to avoid issues being brought to the attention of Carl Daikeler, Product Partners CEO.

Comments

• Be
      Aug 10, 2010

My name is Curtis and I work for Beachbody Customer Service. After reading complaints about our company I’ve personally set out to try and help solve these problems. I understand how frustrating it can be…especially when it’s about your finances! Anyone with problems please feel free to email me at [protected]@beachbody.com. Please be patient if I have not responded within 24 hrs as I am the only person checking this email address. This means that you will not have to deal with more than one agent in regards to your account. Beachbody is a wonderful company with GREAT products. I look forward to helping solve any problems you may have.

Jun 23, 2011

Curtis is a customer service agent who works out of the Los Angeles, Koreatown branch of Beach Body's call center.

The call center mostly hires minorities as temps; a status they can remain at for years. The company also employs the well-worn trope of hiring unattractive black women as "bad cop" corporate ball busters. Jeannie McClendon, who works with Curtis, is a prime example of this and she expects employees to tow the line regardless of Beach Body's immoral policies.

• Ev
      Mar 08, 2015

Actually, I work on a call-center that takes Beachbodyb orders. We are NOT in in 3rd world country. .. although I'm sure Michigan and Ohio sometimes feels that way.
    We reps are REQUIRED to inform you of recurring changes and we MUST READ IT VERBATIM. We then ask you to "read the last 4 digits of your credit card authorizing Team Beachbody to charge your card for the payments we've discussed". If we don't read that we are disciplined.
    People need to LISTEN. Sometimes things slip by, but as a rule, you are required to agree before being charged... remember how many times we read you an upsell and ended it with, "okay"?...that's why we do it.

• Sc
      Apr 04, 2015

Well, I just left a nice note for Carl on his Face Book page. People are fed up with this kind of B.S...apparently he knows it and is shielded from his customers...not me!