Beach vendors / Fraudulent Designer Purses

1 Mexico Review updated:

We stayed at the Krystal International Vacation Club last week at the Puerto Vallarta resort, and had an OK experience at the resort. We spend much of our time at the beach in front of the resort, mostly because we didn't understand the bus system enough to venture far from the hotel.
I was approached by someone selling designer purses while I was sunbathing at the Krystal beach, he had a lot of nice bags. I purchased one of his Gucci bags for $100 USD - a good deal I thought.
When I left the country, my bag started to fall apart at the seams. I took the bag to a Gucci store and the lady said it was fake! Krystal should take better care of their guests, and not allow beach vendors to sell fake items on their beach.
We were scammed by someone we thought that the KIVC people had screened. I don't think its right that they let people buy fake goods right under the resort.

Comments

• To
      30th of May, 2012

LOL where do you pay $100 for a real Gucci handbag?? Obviously a beach vendor selling purses would be selling fakes. Get real.

• To
      30th of May, 2012

And why is it the Krystal timeshare company's fault that independent beach vendors are selling counterfeit garments.

• Do
      17th of Oct, 2012

OMG so its the resort's fault that you bought a GUCCI purse on a Mexican beach for $100!?! Common sense would tell you that the chances of a mexican beach vendor selling authentic Gucci - or any brand name - is slim to non-existant.
    Blaming the Krystal hotel - or their timeshare department is not the answer. Take responsibility for your actions and own your mistakes.