BB&T / bizar overdraft fees
I just moved from the Netherlands to the US, i opend a checkings account at BB&T, very plesent personal in the office that for sure, this is a big reason to open a account there, but there policy for overdraft fees is unacceptable and i think near criminal.
I deposit some money in the checkins acount and started to use my bank card, i didn't give enough thought about the money in my account so i did 2 transactions of a total $150 over the money i had on my account.
It is my own fault i tride to charge more money then i had on my account, that i will admit instantlly, that i would have to pay intrest on this $150 (couse basiclly it's a loan) that i also understand.
But they dare to charge me $70 over this $150 overdraft, in times where the banks loan money for 0% they dare to charge me near 50% intrest on a couple of days loan (altho they call intrest a fee)
The personal at the local office was very nice again when i confronted them with this and they told me they can do nothing about this, couse this is policy, i think it's near criminal, that 70 dollars is in no way a compairing for this 150 overdraft.
Was looking on the internet to find where i can complain about this and stumbled on this site, had to write of the frustration, i have very lilte patience with big companies that should deliver honest service and not try to bend you over with policies that in no way are fair.
More BB&T Complaints & Reviews
- BB&T Bank - they will flat ruin you! 
- BB&T - bb&t class action lawsuit 
- BB&T - loan modification 
- BB&T - frauds and scam 
- BB&T Bank - hold on my account 
- [Resolved] BB&T - bank account
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - overdraft fees
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - mortgage
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - holds placed on deposits and fees incurred
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - online banking customer service