BBG Communications / Enormous charges

I try to call my wife's mobile from Singapore, she was in Sydney. She never pickup the call. But when I came back to Sydney and saw my credit card statement there was A$20 charge on it from BBG communication - London. Even the date of transaction is wrong on it. Not sure who to talk about this? I am worried if they can charge someone such an amount for only ringing (not talking) how much you would have charged me if I have spoken to wife. Can some one give me their contact number or some other details? Thanks.

Va

Comments

• Ni
      15th of Jul, 2008

I did exact same at heathrow, came back to sydney and got done 273.11 plus 13.92 for about 2 min of calls/

Absolutely ridiculous

• Ar
      9th of Aug, 2008

I have exactly the same experience. I also called my family in Sydney on 3 Aug from Changi Airport, Singapore. I did not buy the phone card thinking that that might be expensive as I might not have used up all the credits in the phone card. So preferred to use my Gold Visa Card. Just checked the account and to my surprise the total bill charged to my account is about A$140. Talk time would have been hardly 15-20 minutes. These telephone companies donot display the calling rate, so you will never be able to know how much they are going to charge. Airport authorities should make it mandatory for the telecom companies to display their calling rates otherwise many more passengers will be ripped off in future like us. Suggest not to use the credit cards on the pay phones at the Airports.

21st of Aug, 2008

I have charges total of $289.52 which ANZ Visa will not enter into dispute for me, how do I get help on getting this back, website for BBG Comminication does not seem to have a contact email or phone address

26th of Aug, 2008

I had the same bad experience. I made three calls from Jamaica, only 2 of which I actually spoke for less that 5 minutes each and I have 3 separate charges on my Visa totalling $160. However the last charge didn't even show up for 3 weeks after the call was made. Unfortunately I put it on a Visa debit card, so that money is already gone from my checking account. I can't seem to find a conatct number either. I am going to try the better business bureau in the mean time.

• Wh
      4th of Sep, 2008

Just returned from Costa Rica and had same experience with this long distance company. I spent several days trying to make a phone call from resort and this was the only way...little did I know the rates would be so ridiculous. Billed $39 to leave a voicemail. Filed a dispute with credit card...rates this high should be illegal. Also filed a complaint with FCC. Encourage others to do the same so this company no longer has this monopoly over phone lines at resorts, airports etc.

16th of Oct, 2008

Same situation with me.

Was in Mexico. Made 3 calls back to USA. Came to a total of $150!!!

There was no prices posted. But they were emergency calls, so I just had to wear the cost.

NOW 2 months later.. They are trying to bill me 3 more times!!!

VISA should BLOCK ALL AUTHORISATIONS from this company!!!

• Bs
      3rd of Apr, 2009

$77 for a call from Jamaica that lasted about 10 minutes.

It was not even a personal call. I had to call Orbitz.com because they told the resort we were checking out 2 days before our flight left!

Trying to reverse it now but mastercard is telling me to call the merchant but giving no number for me to call.

• Da
      11th of Oct, 2010

Same thing for me, I made 2 calls from Sandals Antigua to New York, and I was charged $85! Calls were only about 3 mins each. Funny thing is, I called the front desk before making the credit card calls and they said they did not know the rates. And there was no info on the phone or during the call which indicated the rates. This is a SCAM!!!

• Bo
      6th of May, 2011

Check out the regulators and ask if it is legal not posting rate info
    The EU website for consumer complains