Bassett Furniture / Overcharged!

1620 W. Sunset RoadHenderson, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 702-4356399

We paid for upgraded filling and our furniture is so hard it hurts our behinds when we sit on it. It is incredibly uncomfortable. They promised us they would 'make it right' and told us new filling was ordered. We called about 6 weeks later to check status. Filling was never ordered. They went back on their word. They actually suggested it was just 'firm' because 'it was new.' They said someone would come to the house to see if they thought it was too firm - a month after they agreed it was too firm!! Next time I will get everything in writing - live and learn. I did not think I needed to do that with a reputable company like Bassett. However, we found out after our purchase it is NOT a corporate store, it is a franchise (like 7-11!). Buyer Beware - stay away from Bassett Furniture in Henderson. I am hoping the corporate headquarters will intervene on my behalf. I am waiting for them to contact me at this time. I will update this entry with any new developments 9positive or negative).
Va

Comments

Th
  6th of Feb, 2008
Boy are you in for a surprise. We are dealing with corp right now and it is not looking good. I wouldn't buy furniture from Bassett again after what we have been through.
Tl
  14th of Feb, 2008
I placed a $7,000 order for new furniture at the Bassett Henderson, Nevada store. The order was placed in September 2007. I was told delivery take 4 to 6 weeks. Our table and chairs, delivered just before Thanksgiving, arrived with the wrong fabric on the seat cushions--the quality of the set was fine. (The table and chairs had already arrived at the warehouse and I begged to have them delivered for Thanksgiving before the rest of the furniture was received. ) After lots of going back and forth with the store manager and customer service in California, the new seat cushions with the correct fabric were received finally on Jan. 25, 2008. With regard to the bedroom furniture, we'll be on our third round of furniture delivery since December 2007. Each piece delivered has been damaged (cracks, scratches, dents, uneven doors). Since we'd ordered an armoire, we've had to connect and disconnect the TV, DVR box, etc. After the last failed delivery, we just gave up and just plugged the TV in. We are so disappointed with the quality of the furniture--I thought Bassett was a high-end furniture store, not a used furniture store. It irks me that the Bassett store's attitude with the exception of our sales person (I insisted that either the store manager or sales person be present for delivery), thinks that the furniture doesn't have to be perfect. We were told when we signed the contract that the furniture would be perfect, as it should be for the prices Bassett charges. The store is trying to work things out with us and we're keeping our fingers crossed that this last furniture delivery will be successful. If not, all the furniture goes back and I'm demanding a full refund. Buyer beware of Bassett!!!

Bassett Furniture Industries Logo Bassett Furniture Industries