Basset Furniture / poor quality furniture, huge delays, crap customer service
I recently ordered $6, 400 worth of furniture at Basset Furniture. It is a dining table with eight matching chairs, and a shelving wall unit. The salesperson seemed reasonably knowledgeable and I patiently waited the six weeks for the furniture to arrive.
When it did, I was shocked. The stain on the dining chairs was darker on the tops than the rest of the chair. The entire set was a darker finish than I ordered. The poor quality craftsmanship showed on the underside of the table. But the biggest problem was that the shelves had come in the completely wrong color. The delivery guys called the store and ended up taking away the shelving. I had taken a day of vacation for the furniture delivery. I was furious.
The store manager was dismissive and aloof. He interupted me, was evasive on when he would get back to me, and blamed me for the mistake. He called the next day to report the salesman said I had wanted the two different colors - pieces that are in the exact same room. It was a blatant lie, but one that I had no paperwork to refute. They refused to do a refund or even apologize. Their "solution"? Take another day of my vacation to come in and argue with the salesperson, then order the shelves in the darker finish I originally asked for. I will have to wait another 6 weeks. That is three months from the time I ordered that I actually get my furniture.
Bassett Furniture is a rip off for the quality, has terrible customer service, and the customer has no recourse when the store personnel make a mistake. My next step after posting this is to contact consumer reports.
More Basset Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Bassett Furniture - poor service, damaged goods 
- Bassett Furniture - incredibly poor customer service! 
- Bassett Furniture Direct - customer service and refund policy
- Bassett Furniture - damaged furniture 
- Bassett Furniture - horrible customer service
- Bassett Furniture - overcharged! 
- Bassett Furniture Industries - dishonest, deceptive, rude and useless
- Bassett Furniture - you may never get your furniture
- Bassett Furniture - damaged goods/horrible service
- Bassett Furniture Direct - refuse to replace