Barton Publishing / Scam / Fraud

Yes this company is most definitely ready and willing to rip off anyone AND send your credit card information along to their good friends at WellnessWatchersMD. You can say NO all you want to their "free" trials, but it doesn't matter. You better watch out, because they will add "free" trials and once that happens your credit card will be charged on a monthly basis and you will more than likely have hell trying to get a refund. I'm sure their customer service department cannot keep up with all the complaints and refund requests. I kept getting a response from a "Linda" who had no interest in helping me. I guess her job is to pretend she cannot locate any information on you or your order.
After doing a lot of digging I found out their customer service is outsourced through workaholics4hire.com which in turn does not have the best reputation.

Be

Comments

• Pr
      21st of Aug, 2010

I absolutely agree; I was misled into thinking the Barton Publishing FRAUDSTERS were going to provide me with something a little more substantial for my fifty-plus dollars than what amounts to a 20-odd page leaflet that is tailored for the American market (we have different weights and measures in Europe). They offer a full money back guarantee but when you try to avail of this by writing to them they ignore your emails. I sent a dozen emails and received one reply from someone called "Linda" who insultingly fobbed me off with words to the effect: "Have a nice day." The US authorities should be brought in to shut them down and put this bloke Joe Barton on trial for fraud. Basically they are preying on sick people, people who are desperate to find a cure or perhaps cure themselves: people who will try anything if it helps relieve their pain and distress. It is immoral that a firm like Barton Publishing should be free to operate on the Internet: free to treat sick and dying people this way, that is, free to rob them, free to mug them, because this is what it amounts to at the end of the day. They operate in a very cynical way to exploit the sick and take their cash offering nothing in exchange: unless you call a collection of anecdotes related to some sickness or other -- that can be read anywhere else on the Internet without having to fork out hard-earned cash -- something of substance. I don't, I call it a confidence trick. My advice to anyone thinking of purchasing one of their leaflets, which they misleadingly present as books, is to avoid these people like the plague. They are into this "business" for one thing and one thing only, not because they give a damn about sick people, they don't, but because they can line their pockets; moreover they have no moral qualms about what they're doing, they have, like most criminals, no conscience.
    P. Robinson (Ireland)