Barton Publishing / sales practices

i purchased and e-book from them and signed up for no other services on 9/8 the cost of the e-book was debited from my account. on 9/10 1 .00 was debited from my account by well watchers md. on
9/25 29.90 was debited from my account by well watchers md on 10/29 19.95 was debited by well watchers. when i called they said that when i bought the book i signed up for well watchers. they scammed me. i never authorized them to take money from my account. i don't even know what well watchers md is.

Fa

Comments

1st of Nov, 2008

We've resolved this issue and issued a full refund.

3rd of Nov, 2008

This company is the biggest rip off that I have ever come across. Not only do you sign up for their whatevers but they also have a clause in their purchase page that automatically connects you to a site called wellwatchersMD and then they charge you $29.95 or in my case $46.67 for subscription to their magazine which you never receive!

They tell you that you get a free 14 day trial of the Wellness watchers whatever and if you do not cancel it within 14 days they will charge you a fee of $29.95 per month. When you go into this site you cannot get out of it. If you ring the contact number, a message comes up and says "Your call could not be connected. Please check the number and try again!" HOW UNCOOTH.

RIP OFFS! RIP OFFS! RIP OFFS!

I will let the entire world know just how shonky you people really are and hopefully close you down!

3rd of Nov, 2008

Dear Ann,

We have issued your refund, and I apologize that you misunderstood the offer for Wellness Watchers MD. You had the option of choosing "Yes" or "No" to that offer, so I'm not quite sure why you think you were "automatically connected" - that is simply not true.

You probably dialed the wrong number, which I can relate to trying to call from Australia in your case.

Wellness Watchers MD has also issued your refund in full, and you should see this reflected on your credit card statement within a few business days.

Sincerely,
    Joe Barton, CEO
    www.BartonPublishing.com

15th of Nov, 2008

To Joe Barton CEO Barton publishing Welwatch --Wellness Watchers MD charged $Aust 31.14 to my Amex account on November 1st 2008

A SCAM or FRAUDULENT charge has been entered on my account

I have NOT received the mentioned publication from you.

Please refund the amount to my account at American Express Australia

I await your refund

• Le
      28th of Mar, 2010

leon.basil@gmail.com I have just placed an order for reflux cure with all my credit card details and it wont go through because I dont own a mobile phone leon

• Le
      28th of Mar, 2010

leon.basil@gmail.com I have just placed an order for reflux cure and given my credit card details and it has not been accepted because I dont have a secondary phone .Idont have a mobile phone leon